Diablo 3 - Potential Final Season

I feel that with official confirmation of Diablo 4 having dedicated content creative teams, Diablo 3 will be left alone after Season 28.

I was thinking; why not say farewell to the Diablo that this community gave such a hard time to and made fun or snarking remarks that D-IV should pretend it never happened and garbage like that… why not see it off the proper way; every cosmetic or seasonal theme for it- put on the non-Seasonal characters now. Emerald Serpent pet say, give the Menagerist the drop. Champion Armor, Illidan’s Wings say the Insufferable Miscreant and Gelatinous Sires can have a silly low drop rate of dropping them. That way those coming late will get a full experience, console users get to have the exact same cosmetics and so on PC had in the years leading to console launch and then Season 28 joins once it closes. Ethereal weapons, Wings of Light, Unraveller Pet, all that good stuff put into the non-season version now so those not grabbing D4 will have stuff to keep grinding for on D3

Season 29 will be the last with new “material”. From then on earlier theme content will be reused.

1 Like

I wonder how the atmosphere in D3 will be after D4 launches. What kind of players will dominate the game, will the meta-speedrun focus go down a bit. Things tend to change around something that isn’t considered modern anymore.

Many say that they will quit but I am sure some of us will stick around. I’ll keep playing. My goals are the same as always. Continue the loot hunt, play for fun, try my chances at pushing with whatever tools (paragons & gear) I have.

Future expectations for me? Probably playing something I haven’t played for so long, it could be a weak class too. Reused seasons is a reason to come back and play for a few days.