Diablo 4 difficulty

Hi
For Diablo 4, I would like to see a fixed difficultly limit (similar to Diablo 2) re-introduced into the game - this limit should be for everything (including rifts, greater rifts, etc). If there is a ladder in Diablo 4, then its focus could be on speed, rather than difficulty (+ speed).

Why? It feels like that in Diablo 2 players were a lot more willing to play in public games, because there were many more possible builds that could be played at the upper limit (unlike the current situation). Having more possible builds, also increases the chance that each player will get something together that works…

For me and the few players I do play with, it seems to us that the unlimited difficultly “ceiling” has only served to spread out (thin-out) the player base, making full games for the “difficulty” we’re capable of playing, hard to find (sometimes impossible).

1 Like

I agree with a ceiling, but you contradict yourself by mentioning greater rifts. They have limitless potential - thus they cant have a ceiling.

1 Like

Hi Callynn
I mentioned Greater Rifts, because I am saying those should also have an upper limit! The limit should be something that “most” builds can play, not just 1 or 2 builds per character class.

I see. Define “most builds”, does that also mean “most players”?

I think its important to point out the core issue with Diablo 3 here; the overtuned set bonuses and legendary bonuses (stuff like +3000% this and +10000% that).

When those ridiculous numbers are away, most build should naturally be closer together in competitiveness.