Diablo 4 Ethereal Items!

The Ethereal concept from Diablo 2 was brilliant! The item is 50% stronger yet it cannot be repaired and once broken, it cannot be fixed unless you socket it with a ZOD rune that will make the item indestructible.

Please bring this concept to Diablo 4. It will make itemization more interesting.

2 Likes

repairs XX durability XX seconds

I disagree, it was a dumb concept.

1 Like

Socketing a Zod, rolling “Indestructible” by itself, putting into a mercenary… More options to make it not break.

Yes, it was a really awesome concept, I miss it so much.

1 Like

Oh crap I forgot about that. Yea it was cool.

1 Like

Ethereal items was a nice concept, however it did have a few drawsbacks as noted above already.
I would like to see them again, but with a good balance.
Repair duration should not be able to roll on the high end items if you use ethereal items unless they were meant to be ethereal and the damage was based on being ethereal.
However having it able to roll on a high end rare making it strong enough to function as endgame on an equal level with mythics would be nice, chances should be miniscule like in D2 that you get your perfect rare, but this make picking up rares and checking them still fun to do and might be just the thing a certain build keeps looking for.
Zodding is probably best removed, in D2 uniques were usually not best in slot and weapon ias was very important to many builds, so zodding an eth unique was usually not worth the loss of the ias in the socket or even more often the price of the Zod as it could afford you a better item for that build.
If unique items are the endgame items, 50% bonus damage is often an easy trade for what could’ve gone into the socket.

1 Like

Agreed. Its worthless