Diablo 4 feedback (From a former D2 No. 1 HC ladder player)

The trouble with tying specific drops to certain bosses or events is that everyone will end up running those specific bosses or events in the hope of finding that one item, all to the detriment of the rest of the in-game content.

No to specific boss drops.
Yes to continued RNG.

Hellfire amulets didnā€™t ruin the gameā€¦ they are tied to specific bosses. Really depends on the way itā€™s implemented. If you have one boss that drops a material that everyone needs that for the best item(s) sure thatā€™s not going to work. But if for example a boss drops itā€™s specific weapon that is used for a specific build for a specific class then thatā€™s not going to change the way the game is played because it doesnā€™t require you to keep farming it once youā€™ve got it. Also these things donā€™t have to be exclusive. Could just be higher probability from a boss. Not everything has to be 0 or 100%ā€¦

I really hope they come with a healer class this time personal favourite cleric i can upgrade to whatever i like priest > bishop

Youā€™re right, they didnā€™t. Thatā€™s because Hellfire Amulets are pretty much useless commodities anyway. Even in solo play equipped on a follower, it doesnā€™t give any real benefits.

When I speak of specific item drops from specific bosses, I reference game-breaking items that are too overpowered.

That might be true these days, but it wasnā€™t always the case. For example, prior to the re-design of the Flavour of Time (which added the doubling of pylon effect durations) the Barbarianā€™s Whirlwind build used one. I still have a STR / CHC / CHD / Socket Hellfire with a useful passive in my Stash from those days.

1 Like

The closest thing Iā€™ve ever seen to Diablo 2 in over a decade, is Diablo 4.

Itā€™s the shock making everyone think that that isnā€™t the case.

dat is not bad thing there is no need to be D2 when we got dat one ā€¦

I spent over 100 hours there, it got boring very quickly, who knows, probably because most of the content was locked or bugged ā€¦

but i extremely hated one thing ā€¦ light radius, its lighting and shadows.
In D4 its very poorly executed, like extremely bad.

Its an invisible ball of light above character which is visible all the time in any kind of reflection.
Light radius changes shadow direction based on where you are going.
If you somehow raise your character, jump, climbing, riding a horse, standing on something that goes up ā€¦ your shadow, or the horses shadow, takes about 40% of the screen ā€¦ like when trying to some shadow play on a wall.
This MUST be fixed before release.

1 Like