Diablo 4 Feedback

First of all, very nice trailer looks very cool.

In general the game seems to go in a much better direction than Diablo 3, especially with adding talents and less focus on set items.

Will try to give feedback for each section individually.

Talent & spells
Since its difficult to go into details about them as little is known, I will base this on the sorcerer tree and the talents I could spot.

From the ones that got highlighted so you could read them, it seems to me that the most “advanced” one, was the Endless winter one. Which lets be honest is not really that advanced. But the rest seems to basically just be a bonus to damage and/or resistances against a specific element.

I think this is a bit wrong, Endless winter seems to be along the right lines. But in general, I think talents should be something that set you apart or make you more specialized in a given spell or play style. A flat out damage increase is not really interesting and think it will fall flat in the long run. Rather I would like to see talents which support the different spells and which allows the player to focus on any of them.

Taking the amount of talents into account, it seems that the customization with talents are fairly limited. I think you should split each of them into 3 separate trees. Each of which focuses on a given element, but at the same time have some useful talents which can be combines with the other trees. This would allow for more talents and make it possible to make it so players would have to choose between them. So taking one talent might disable another if it would be to powerful, but most of all it would put the player more in control of trying out different things and combinations that they enjoy, while at the same time know that it come at a cost. The amount of talents which simply grant a bonus to damage or resistance should be reduced to a bare minimum. And rather talents should alter or add unique effects to spells.

So for instance a talent for “Frost armor” assuming it is in the game, could cause it to explode once its duration is over, freezing all enemies or whenever the player have been hit X number of times. Which would disable another talent for frost armor, which could be one that have a chance to restore all mana when hit, for instance. So it would be up to the player to decide whether they like a given talent or not and choose between them. Slowly homing in on what they like and don’t like.

I think this would make for more interesting talent customization than just a X bonus to frost damage.

Obviously you should add some way for players to respec these.

Graphic
I like that you are going for a darker look and feel. However I think the graphics looks slightly boring, its very much grey in grey, which might be because the final look is not there yet. But I think you should add a bit more color to it.

Monsters
The idea of world bosses or what to call them is great.

Runes
Very good to see them return.

Items
My impression is that D4 is going to be slightly less forgiving with the amount of legendary items that drops, I like that. These should feel special to obtain and should be worth spending a bit of time looking over, to see if they are something really useful. And if I understood it correctly, the benefit of set items are reduced, which is very good as they ruined D3 all on their own for me.

Best of all set items should be 2 or 3 items. And even better it would be some sort of orb that you could apply to any item to turn them into a set. That would also allow players to search and value these orbs and try to collect them. Each of them could have specific bonuses or effects, depending on the type of orb. It would allow for a huge amount of set effects, thats wouldn’t ruin legendary items. Players could also freely mix them as they please, rather than going with premade set items with fixed bonuses, that is not funny and forces the players to play certain ways.

That is pretty much all I can think of now… but all in all, I think the game looks promising. But hope it doesn’t get to over designed as you, unfortunately, have been doing for the last many games. Let the players decide how they want to beat their way through hell and don’t decide how they are suppose to do it. Guess that is my best advice, let the players have fun trying out different things. :slight_smile:

To David Kim. I’m absolutely praying for Necromancer in Diablo 4… I love Necro in Diablo 3 I’ve tried the other classes and they’re not not me so I only play Necromancer. Please I’m begging you bring Necromancer to Diablo 4