Diablo 4 needs to be DARK, not grey!

OK, I could go ballistic on everything that is wrong with what we have seen so far, but I won’t and I will just say this:

The game looks DATED, the game would have looked DATED 10 years ago…

Please make the game look LIKE THE CINEMATIC and NOT like the trailer+in game animations. (that shot where the Druid comes up facing the camera - that looks like Playstation 2 graphics that were exposed to direct sunlight for three years straight…)

It’s the 21st century guys, the cinematic - THAT’s how the game should fucking look like when I’m actually playing it!!! I want to be able to zoom in on the action and see all the details on the armors, the weapons, the faces…

Do you guys not have 4K? or even 8K by now?

And dark means fucking DARK, black and shades of black, that I can barely see where I’m going in the dungeons with only my torch or aura lightning a small area around me… Just like in the originals, THAT’S what made them scary.

Outdoors it has to poor rain, blow wind and there has to be the most hellish storm a planet can produce, lightning bolts hitting the ground and burning trees around you, the environment has to crumble under your footsteps and combat. Dust has to rise from running and pounding enemies to the ground, there has to be mist and fog all over the place, where are the particle effects? Of fire, water, breakables, wind blowing leaves, remains of distant fires burning in the background…

All I can see is a washed out, stripped and dumbed down Diablo with things that people didn’t even ask for in the first place (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but since you ignored the most essential stuff it kinda is).

Once again, dark does not mean GREY & BROWN, dark means fucking black and blacker than black color pallete. Also, dark doesn’t necessarily mean it can’t have SOME color, like a bit of red on a scarf for example, just tiny details here and there.

Do you guys need a creative lead? Because like seriously I’ll do it if you ask me nicely. I will honestly quit everything I’m doing right now, fly over and make this not only the best Diablo game people have ever seen, but the best and most atmospheric game ever created.

ps: well it looks like I couldn’t help myself and I unleashed it all out anyway, I never write posts like this because I cannot be bothered enough, but when after 30 years of gaming I see one of my favorite franchises being slaughtered, I just cannot stay silent.

8 Likes

Yeah…obsolutly…im agree…everythong what
you did explain.
Even they.must work on 3x scaled difficult stats of demons dependance of size circle of light!
For an axample if choose to pick talents or runes ,dmgs and stats of.demons would actived or turn off and increased/decreased.
And dependance of heroe talents,runes or spec.
Not every heroe will have large size citcle of light!!
Or that.mean we must loocking for such specfic spec heroe player!
They mist work on size of circle of light ,sometime gonna decreased with small size circle of light.
Even they must add specific rare merchants (followers) with large size circle of light.
And more type unicat merchants (followers)
And they must work on alll types climate to effect demons his stats,dmg’s,HP,dependance from zone or area and to be valid and fir heroes.

No, I don’t. and I’ll never use 4K for anything other than movies.

Besides, if Blizzard releases Diablo IV and it’s need 4K or better hardware to run it, they’ll be committing business suicide.

In other words, Blizzard needs to cater to as large a hardware support base as possible in order to make the game a success.

So with all due respect to you, not all of us are entitled rich kids who don’t have to work for and save up for the hardware we use to game on.

5 Likes

I can see where your coming from but I think your underestimating the expenses Blizzard would have to put into the game. Not only that but the consumers wouldn’t be able to afford it. A 1080 TI to be able to run 4k is about $1,000 dollars last time I checked, and you still need ram, a great processor, 4k monitor, etc. My gaming computer was $3,000 dollars and most adults don’t want to spend that let alone adults for their kids. Then you are left with xbox one and ps4 (or next gen), You’ll need a 4k tv, and the top tier xbox and playstation to run it at a mediocre frame rate.

8k?.. Dell UltraSharp 32" 8K Monitor - Price: $4,365.61 for just the monitor.

4 Likes

4K gaming is for the upper elite only. It just costs too damned much for us regular working folk. Not all of us can afford all that high-end hardware and just have to make do with what we have.

This is my setup, for example:

MB : MSI A88X-G43
RAM: 32GB Dual-Channel DDR3
CPU: AMD A10-7850K
GPU: 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 Graphics

She may be old by today’s standards, but she gets the job done.

I am planning on upgrading the graphics processor for when Diablo IV comes out, but I can say this with confidence : I will not be spending R14,000 ($1000) on a new GPU.

I’m personally hoping that Blizzard will soon be letting us know what the approximate minimum hardware requirements will be.

1 Like

Yes, that what i was talkin about in different post !

No more sleeping with lights on.

EDIT: I m now goin to wait for real feedback oportunities. This is last post until DIABLO IV forum.

It’s really too soon in development to focus on this…

You guys have to admit that they shown us something only because a lot of people were complaining about the silence on Diablo’s future at the last Blizzcons…

If they wouldn’t be so afraid of what people think, they would have waited to have more content before making such an announcement. But I think a little bit of pressure was put over the Diablo team so they showed what they could…

What I want to say is that they’ll probably change many things and add a lot of visual effects before release, but actually the focus is probably to make a good game regardless of how it looks. One thing at a time.

Patience. We’ll hear about D-IV a hundred time before it actually happens…

the games not due for at least 2 years so calm down already about what graphics card you have and can afford today as guess what that doesnt matter. now in two years time you could be able to get near 2080ti performance for under £400.

I have AMD-A10-6700, GTX750ti2Gb, 8Gb2.4Ghz memory. BF1 works with low settings. D3, AC4 and POE work’s great. At least with low settings, It should run D4. I like how blizzard-games are not so powerhungry.

well do you think you wont upgrade in two years time ? as i know i will and im running a ryzen 1700 and a gtx1070.

I’m currently in a position where all the dreams of simplest man will never shine. Oh how I envy those who are truly free.
But yeah, 4k is sadly not part of my life for tens of years.
Return to topic: I think 10% more darkness and increase colors just a little but not too much. I did like these new palettes where I could barely see the color and even name it. Really good example is grass and sorceress at campfire. She has colorful clothes, but she is not Colorful… If you catch my point?

some people (most of them) upgrade every 6 to 10 years their hardware, this is why most companies will not go the crysis route and have a more conservative approach

2 Likes

the thing is if its made for xbox one and ps4 aaaaaaand the pc which they kept stating last in most talks it seems you have to think they will be looking at maxing out the two consoles as a min, NOT saying it wont have lower graphical settings as obviously even on the consoles it wont be 4k60 will probably be 4k30 with some resolution scaling.

so on the pc you could run it at 1080p, no shadows, low or no lighting effects and so on, but for anyone who is on a very old like the above mentioned gtx 750Ti 2gig which was released in February 2014 you will be probably out of luck if you expect to get any sort of meaningful performance out of it, especially with it being a 2 gig card. not saying it wont be able to run the game but i cant see it being very smooth even at min settings.

until we see any sort of specs sheet or a demo in the wild we just cant say for sure, but for anyone one a older card start putting £5-£10 a month away in a jar now and in two years you will have a nice little pot to be able to grab something much better than you’re running now. and again the 2 years date is my own best guess at when we could see the game for all i know it could be 3 or 4 :smiley:

1 Like

also a lot o ppl play on multimedia laptops and will not invest in a different machine for that. Companies really want to make their program be compatible with as many as the hardware config as possible

1 Like

true, as i said above it will scale to what extent i dont know but i have a feeling come 2022 a 2 gig card maybe pointless, looking at the steam hw survey info the top 35% or so go from gtx 1050, 1050ti, 1060, 1070 and even 1080. the next spot down is the venerable 750ti, but thats today, now. not 2+ years down the road.

the thing is its 2+ years off so peoples hardware will change and for those who dont such is life its harsh but the problem is they have to balance what it looks like against how many potential players they can get. as i said above it seems like their aiming for xbox 1 and ps4 no switch mentioned so either they dont think the switch will still be around or the current one just doesn’t have the power/memory to run it. this is all hypothetical until we see a demo or blizzard releases information on potential system specs which we wont see until 6 months before release i bet.

People who judge game in such long toxic grumble posts over 15 min pre-alpha gameplay with very release date still TBA should relocate to China to have their bs censored.

1 Like

Nope. And, it’s not a 3rd person. The details are lost because of the bird’s eye view anyway.

Turn your monitor off and it’s going to be as dark as ever.
Don’t you like the 50 shades of gray they are using now?

You’re being arrogantly demanding. A lot of what you want is not what made Diablo the game it is.

1 Like

Well, I definitely don’t need top notch graphics in an ARPG game and I don’t want them to force this game to require top notch specs for people to play, I’d rather say mediocre+ at the time of release is kinda balanced.

The only thing I agree on with you is that currently the game doesn’t look even remotely dark, or at least not the type of dark I expected. Yes, it look grey… :frowning:
But it is too early to judge this game it is in alpha state and I can almost bet they already have heard and had feedback regarding their color pallet and not dark enough issue. You are not the first to state this.

So relax and give it time.

Actually, no. Dark doesn’t mean “black” and various shades of black.

I think that in this instance “dark” means evil, brooding, foreboding.

1 Like

We call those grey. :wink:

2 Likes