Diablo 4 should look like diablo 2!

Hi all, I just wanna say please make diablo 4 look like more from diablo 2. I wanna feel like I am playing diablo 2. Diablo 2 was awesome in every aspect, except stash size. Loot system, runes drop rate was really hard to find, especially runes. It was not that easy to gear up. I wanna mostly stay in blues or yellow items in diablo 4 for a while. It should be hard to find legendaries or sets . Please bring back the old runewords from diablo 2. I wanna chase each runes one by one and the drop rates should be hard as it was in diablo 2. To make the enigma runeword, I remember , It took me 1 month to make it. This varies according to all players.
On the other hand, please bring all the act bosses from diablo 2. I really want more from diablo 2 to diablo 4. I wanna feel like I am playing Diablo 2.

Also, Could you please make the camera angle optional to all players. I want an optional camera angle like in Wow. Actually some settings also should be optional to all players because all tastes are different. Please blizzard.

1 Like

So play Diablo II.
I’d like Diablo IV to be new, not trying to emulate a two decades old game.

14 Likes

mate you said your opinion and I said mine. It is up to me which one I play. Plus the graphic is bad in D2.

of course it is bad compared to new games. the ideas are also outdated and not adapted. for example, items drop for all players and not for one person. that disturbed me in d2 and in poe (only partially solved).
but d2 with mods has extremely good ideas and much longer playability than d3 and probably also d4.
Instead of producing d3 reskinn with stupid dialogues and boring and primitive stories like in recent years for wow for small children, everything good from d2 + mods can easily be taken over and developed further.
the company is only about making money and nothing more. that’s why they try to make it as colorful as possible and primitive. they also save a lot of money if they reset everything every few months instead of new content. as a reward there was a picture (a teenager can create something like this in 20-30 minutes),
even overwatch for pc can be played very successfully with GAMEPAD. new quests for wow are so stupid and simple that even a dog can master them.
the low point has long been reached!

Hope the graphics are better…

1 Like

watch wc3 reforged and jokes about it on youtube.
these beginners cannot do more than increase the resolution. and leave all other textures small. because that means work and little profit. it is also logical that d2 must not look better than d3. there must be no possibility for mods. otherwise modders with interesting and REGULAR content will be the biggest nightmare. because who will be so stupid and waste his money on crap like d4 (d3 reskinn)?
ps. very good mods can already unlock high resolutions and have even adapted textures. therefore big LOL at this point. we will laugh together in the future.

Yeah mods are legit in diablo 2. You can find some hidden gems. I still play it without mods. The graphics are an issue at first I but after a couple of hours my eye gets used to them and it doesn’t bother. Still has some outdated mechanics. I hate stamina and the stash being only one tab of d3 plus the cube and manually picking gold. If some modders were about to sit on blizzard CEO chair for just one week I m pretty sure the result would be fantastic.

You have to be passionate about gaming ( instead of aiming only at profit) to design a true marvel. No wonder why games like DotA or counter strike which were created by gamers and not by companies were that successful.

When you let a icefrom sit on his computer do his thing on wc, you get DotA. When you let toady’s (not the old) blizz do their thing on wc, you get wc reforged.

1 Like

I would like to see a D4 with 2D sprites , it works well in Children Of Morta. But seeing the art direction in D4 so far, it´s not gonna happen, and it’s probably the best choice for most fans.

They’ll probably remaster Diablo II.
We need a Diablo IV, not a Diablo II or III clone.

I would welcome the dark aesthetic and atmosphere of d2. personally I also hope they implement a better skills and attributes systems more along the line of d2.

D3 was a let down. story, looks… still fun but not really diablo? it’s a weird feeling.

Some words of David Brevik, father of Diablo: