Diablo IV Feedback - 03/07/2022

So, let me begin by saying that the reason I am writing this in the first place, is because I have been reading a lot of unwarranted negativity surrounding Diablo IV (and Diablo III) and I am becoming quite sick and worried about it. Does Blizzard deserve criticism? Yes, it does. Is Diablo Immoral one of the worst things to happen in the gaming industry, considering the fanbase of Diablo games? It sure is, and we should never forget that. But why is it that every video I watch about Diablo IV is filled with hate? One or two comments saying “Let’s hope this doesn’t turn out like Diablo Immortal” or “Let’s hope Blizzard won’t ruin this” would be understandable, but filling an entire comment section with this? There are other videos and other forums where we can ACTUALLY complain about Blizzard and Diablo Immortal, as we should, because it is pretty unacceptable, but let’s try to give Diablo IV a chance before we deem it crap. Remember that there are people working on the game that are pouring their hearts onto it without having control on monetization or other things, and they will also be negatively affected by the absurd ammount of hate the game is receiving! Also, some of you are s**ting on Diablo III, and saying the games are too similar on some aspects. Well, let me tell you that Diablo III is my favorite Diablo game currently available, and that I tried to play Diablo II: Ressurected, and I hated it. I know there’s people who love it though, and I recognize it is a good game. That’s why I don’t feel the need to absolutely bash it online. Also let me tell you that Diablo III was the best-selling game of the year it was released, so something was done right. Also, Diablo III has come a long way. It is 100x times better now than when it was released, and Diablo IV is shaping up to be 200x better than the original Diablo III on release!

Now for the actual feedback about the game itself:

• Love the latest iteration of itemization, with the legendary essence and the unique items! It is something I really wanted in Diablo III, but I’m glad it is coming to Diablo IV!
  • I love the design of the game! I don’t think it is too “light” like some comments mention, I think it is just dark enough, and that the people who compare it to the earlier Diablo games don’t associate the apparent “lightness” with an overall improvement in graphics and details that would be invisible if the game was darker. But, if I may suggest, even though I wouldn’t utilize this feature at all, maybe you could implement a slider to adjust just how dark the game feels. Don’t know if that is feasible or if it would please the people who think the game is too light, but it could be a way to please “everyone”.
  • Class abilities and unique mechanics are beautiful, I love it so much. I would like to suggest an Amazon for a future DLC please, I really want a modern interpretation of that class! Just a suggestion though ^^
  • Everything in Diablo IV is making me very excited to play the game, so please try to focus on constructive feedback (whether it is positive or negative) rather than mindless hate.

Now, to some less positive feedback or concerns…:

• So, my main concern with Diablo IV is how the story will be played. I love the idea of an open world, but I would love to experience the story by myself, instead of having other players killing my mobs or breaking the fantasy of journying by myself to save Sanctuary! Ideally, there would be a way to travel alone through the world during the story mode, or at least in the important quest moments. One example of a game that let me down is Lost Ark - there are so much players around me when doing missions on the different locations that I myself don’t feel as impactful as I would in Diablo II or Diablo III.
  • Lastly, I feel it is important to say (contrary to what I expressed earlier) that the business model in Diablo Immortal is really unforgivable, and I understand that it is a mobile focused game, so I’m hoping Diablo IV will be nothing like it. I know several Blizzard representatives stated it won’t be anything like that, but I really want that clarified in the near future. (For those unaware, a Blizzard representative, whose name I can’t quite recall, actually mentioned that the monetization of Diablo IV would be cleared up in the next quarterly update and that he was actually going to try and expedite this clarification).

So to finish: I love the Diablo series, and I am super excited and optimistic for Diablo IV and I love what was shown to us so far. Please don’t be discouraged by negative comments and remember that there will always people who support the game, not unconditionally, but because the quality of the game appears to be really amazing!

5 Likes

Ok . I did read all that

1 Like

Would you like to share your opinion?

as long as path of diablo 4 snaps out of the unwarranted identity crisis it should be fine…

to see the greatest ARPG series Diablo aping that visually mediocre p.o.s…

What are you referring to “identity crisis”?

If D4 would be 100% pay2win like Immortal, then better not release it. POE 2 will come around same time as D4.

1 Like

Yes but they said that it won’t be, but I guess we’ll see it when it comes out, I just want everyone to keep an open mind!

My opinion is that I agree with your comments. I don’t generally complain about games, especially D3. The only time I do is about lag and bugs. well, even they are not complaints. More requests for solutions.

1 Like

My main worry for d4 is have they found a solution to problems that exist when you take a game into the open world, online shared world experience, such as bosses/dungeon’s and the like being locked out either from difficulty/party requirements and or no players around once people have no reason to fight a certain boss or whatever, and just farm certain events over and over, i hope that like the division 2 endgame i wont really feel like i am missing out too much as a solo player but can still jump in a fight with people at times, not worried about monetisation,but i hope it is nothing like immortal in that area

Yeah i agree 100% lost ark and immortal each have everything i don’t like about mmorpgs and online shared world game, i hope its more like Elden ring is to the darksouls games tbh

That’s a totally valid worry. But I think “open world” from what I gathered is (and I hope) a loose interpretation, for example, we travel in said “open world” to get to our actual missions and within it we can fight players in PVP areas and then World bosses together. But as I said in the original post, that is my main worry aswell, how they manage the open world.

1 Like

I have been invited to play the D4 end game beta, not sure if I’m allowed to say that. Very top secret hush hush caper, have a long list of things not allowed to do. No streaming, no screenshots, no publishing game play or plot on social media, believe me it goes on. I’ve played D from original CD to Immoral, so they probably picked me for all the time I have and do spend playing it. Not giving any secrets away here, it seems it will combine the best of all the early, D3 and good bits of that phoney mistake. Plus a few new tweaks, so stay hopeful, it could be good.

1 Like

Finally i find someone who has been allong since the original. I stumbled over the cinematic trailer for IV and was blown far far away, HA !

Back in the days i played Diablo, AAAALot … but then when Diablo II two came i just wasnt aboard the hype…Naaah i didnt like it so much…think i bought it 6 months/A year after release and yeah well…never finished it, dont know why…dont even remember much about it.

But then in 2017 i saw something from D III and bought it…played some…never finished that either. dont know why … stopped playing after a while … But now after the Diablo IV trailer and gameplay clips im ALL aboard and I really think the HYPE for once is real …

If you can even SENSE something similar to the turdbucket Imortal in IV it´s their biggest fail ever … And they are really really good at failing…

Well well…Im gonna get me a brand new HOT HOT gaming PC just as Diablo IV releases …

I didn’t got a beta key :frowning: ,but i did watch all the quarterly updates , really rooting for D4 , I play diablo since the 1st one .
Can’t wait for release my estimate is late march or April .

They have promised a public beta before the game is launched.

I didnt get beta either and now I am very surprised about Renown system will be added in Diablo 4. What kind of joke is this? Copy from that game World of Warcraft. It seems you don thave any new ideas for Diablo 4?

You are not even trying to find out any new ideas so you do like this.

• Copy from Lost Ark - World Map
  • Copy from World of Warcraft - Renown system

so what is next?

What the hell happened to Blizzard? This is unbelivable!

Had to google a bit. What’s bad about Renown?

Renown System
Diablo IV’s Renown system really fits Diablo IV’s open-world design, offering a way to reward players for active exploration while playing through the campaign.
Through the Renown System, players will be rewarded with Skill Points not only for their current character but also for all future characters.

Grinding in Diablo 4. Really I hope they dont add +80 renown like in World of Warcraft. I dont want to see kind of the same system every game. It feels it is not new game if you see renown system in Diablo 4. “Oh no why on earth…” that is old system. GET RID OF RENOWN SYSTEM and give us something new idea, thank you!

You are killing the game if you continue like this. Just look at Diablo 3 is one the biggest failure games of Diablo series.