Error code 1021 on a fresh install of Mac Big Sur

Hi All.

I just bought a new MacBook Pro 2020 model, and wanted to play some diablo 3(played on another laptop yesterday on the same network). But after installing and pressing PLAY, I am greeted with the 1021 error No connection. on the network I just downloaded the client on. and writing this topic on.

Any suggestions? I followed the troubleshooting guide for MacBooks on blizzard support, eg. restart router etc. etc. etc.

Thanks

3 Likes

i am in the exact situation as yours. It’s VERY frustrating !!! Nothing we can do for now as it’s obviously not a problem with our network.

Oh really? super strange, I am trying to install hearthstone to see if that’s the same issue…

WoW works fine, it’s only Diablo 3 that crashes. Dont know what we can do for now… :confused:

I am doing 3,5gb of updates now to SUR, lets see if that fixes anything? Heartstone also worked like a charm.

lol, i did that this morning…didn’t change anything :confused:
But let me know what’s up on your side and hopefully we can make it work at some point !

lol… At one point I suspected that my google wifi was messing with my apple computer :smiley: but then I tried with roaming from my iPhone, still not working :smiley:

lol, i went crazy on the “i’m gonna fix this”. I tried everything, went on every possible website etc…but nope. And then this afternoon people started posting stuffs about that error 1021 and the M1 Mac, so it seems that we all have that common problem. But when will Bliz’ take care of it…nothing is too sure

Where did You find other with the issue? I can’t find any recent updates.

on the french forum there is two other people that complained about it. (im french that’s why i understand)

Hello all… there’s also a report on the German forum… here:

Let’s see if Blizzard will reply somewhere…

1 Like

okay i just heard back from someone on Reddit who got a reply from BLIZZARD.

"it looks like this is actually a far greater issue than first thought, as we’re getting reports across different regions from different users on various systems. We’re doing our best to find the root cause and hopefully we can get everyone back once more asap. "

1 Like

Arh damn… just bought the Mac Pro today to use it for study, and Diablo :joy: and now it doesn’t work…

Lol let’s see when they get it fixed… properly within a few years when d4 launches

Would you mind posting this on the French forums – with a link to the Reddit thread please.
You will need to convert the link to preformatted text… put the link as you would normally, highlight it, and click on the </> button on the formatting bar at the top of the Reply window.

Thanks.

Same problem for me. Didn’t help any IP release or language change. even switch region seems not working. Is any chance to fix it today?

+1 with the 1021 on a MBP :roll_eyes:

Same here in NA. Couldn’t find any info until now. I guess we have to wait. Was playing fine couple days ago. Got a new MBP and this started to happen. Literally tried everything.

Its been resolved for me finally!

1 Like

I’m getting the same error on Windows 10 right now, what was the issue and how did it get resolved?

@Tioneb22,

The original topic was related to an issue with new installs on Mac computers at the end of July… the issue was reported by several users, Blizzard investigated and solved the issue and this topic has been marked as solved.

Posting here is probably futile and may even be considered as an attempt to hijack the topic… don’t.

Start a new topic or contact Blizzard Support directly (the Support button in the top right corner of the screen, just beside your Name).

Error 1021 is typically a connection problem; see the pinned topic at the top of the forum:

1 Like