I just had to put my 2 cents in regarding your new affixes…

• Angelic Power , which increases the duration of all beneficial effects (like self-buffs or healing)
  • Demonic Power , which increases the duration of all negative effects (like debuffs or damage over time)
  • Ancestral Power , which increases the chance of on-hit effects (aka increased proc chance)

This is litterally the worst idea I have ever seen. Its such an easy way to try make the system look more complex, without adding any real depth to the items. Banes and boons, I get the idea, but its just such a bad path for Diablo items.

You say you wont go for Diablo 2 or Diablo 3, yet you take a path of Diablo 3, and just made it worse…

You HAVE to consider going back to Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 itemization as the foundation. Specially diablo 2’s itemization was rock solid, and still would be today.

You dont need to invent the new wheel to make something great. With the little inspiration you have taken from Diablo 2, itemization is the one you must include if you want Diablo 4 to have any replayability or depth. It was easy to get into, but as hard as its supposed to be to max out.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean and I’m with you 100% on this.

Making items locked to certain things like spells or talents isn’t a good thing
especially for an ARPG and wouldn’t work for Diablo the concept of this
died with Diablo 3 and shouldn’t be brought back in Diablo 4
because if they do, it will create that divide again between items and spells
where you will take the item that just has better spell damage and whatnot
and we as players don’t have a choice, only a false choice at best.