Fortress Ballista

Hi All,

I noticed a weird thing today regarding Fortress ballista. I was replacing it with a nice Dawn i found which had more cooldown reduction on it. When i swapped them over the CD on Vengeance was affected. Now you would expect that to happen as the dawn had 9% more CD, But…

It was on Cooldown longer when i equipped dawn, which makes no sense. I checked and my CD with ballista was 32.6% which went up to 38.6% when equipping dawn but it is definitely on a longer CD with Dawn equipped.

Watching, and timing the CD, with Fortress equipped (no CD on it) i have just over 3 secs left for Vengeance to become available. When i equip dawn with the 9% CD on it i have nearly 6 secs left for vengeance to become available.

*edit. also meant to say that Dawn stayed cubed while testing.

Something is broken with Ballista…can someone else check this?

This is where the problem is. If you have the same item equipped and cubed, you only get the benefit from the equipped item, not both.

Fortress equipped
Dawn cubed
Result = CDR from equipped Fortress and CDR from cubed Dawn

Dawn equipped
Dawn cubed
Result = CDR from equipped Dawn, no CDR from cubed Dawn

Nothing’s broken.

2 Likes

If that is the case then why would it take the lower figure for the CD reduction from the item you are wearing? Surely the game Should pick which is the biggest reduction.

If it takes 58% reduction from item you wear , and then checks what is cubed IT should change it to 65%. The game is either ignoring the cubed item because you are wearing it, or it is overwriting the cubed reduction with the item you are wearing’s reduction (even though it is worse).

I Think this is a bit bugged.

I’m telling you how the game actually works.
You’re arguing for how you think the game should work.

As I said, if you equip and cube the same item, you only get the bonus from the equipped one. That means, even if the value on the legendary power you have on the equipped item is non-maxed, that’s the value you get. So, if you had a 60% cooldown Dawn equipped, and a 65% cooldown Dawn in the cube, not only would you not get the CDR from both, you’d only get the 60% value from the equipped one, which is lower than not equipping it at all.

This is exactly what it’s doing. That’s how it was designed to work, i.e. powers from equipped items are prioritised over the same power being cubed.

Something working according to a design decision you don’t like is not a bug.

1 Like