Frequency of packs of Goblins in Visions of Enmity

At least, thanks to the loot from VoE, the keys issue is solved this season, and everybody can fish.

2 Likes

How many more levels you unlock access to depends on how fast you clear the GR…

• 10+ minutes left on the timer when you complete the GR = unlock 3 levels
  • 5-10 minutes left on the timer when you complete the GR = unlock 2 levels
  • Under 5 minutes left on the timer when you complete the GR = unlock 1 levels
4 Likes

I had never read that! Many thanks, Meteorblade!

1 Like

I have read it before (because Meteorblade has posted it before, but I tend to forget :smile: )

Just finished the season journey… for some it takes a weekend - for me it’s more like a week.
A lot of the objects in the remaining chapters were already ticked off but even though running T16 difficulty for a long time and having done higher that GR 90 I still hadn’t done things like lower torment rifts (all of these objects can be ticked off in a single, fast t16 rift) and I also needed to kill a lot of the individual bosses.

Nice pet and frame. (And Galactic wings if not already owned).

2 Likes

Another way to unlock higher greater rift tiers is just complating a high GR with a group, if you complete a GR 150 with a grp you will get access to every single GR tier in solo play.

This wouldn’t help for ssf mode ofc, but it’s something I usually do in a new season.

I think I’m done with S29.

I have enjoyed it very much as it has allowed me to compete on a fairer ground.

I had 450 keys to make my final pushes. GR137 and GR138 suprisingly fell quite fast, as I got lucky and got 2 perfect Orek’s dreams in 1 hour or so (Conduit in the first floor + 2 pylons including Power for the Boss… it doesn’t get any better than that, does it? ^^), and then I spent about 350 keys in 3 gaming sessions trying to complete a GR139, and ofc… nothing went right :see_no_evil::joy: Either the Boss was teleporting, or no Condy, or terrible follow up maps (probably the most frustrating when you’re playing the Sader without its horse :laughing:), etc. The best I managed is a GR139 in 15’18. That currently makes me rank #19 EU, and rank #26 world with 65 hours of gaming. There is about 2 months left to play, so my name will go down in the leaderboards, but I’ll still take this as a win. I think that overall, I have make good progress on this build :slight_smile:

Here are my wishes for next seasons:

• I hope that the devs they will keep caping parangons in SSF;
  • I hope that us Saders will get another top build cuz I’m done pushing with Akkhan Condemn ^^ (if we don’t getting anything, then I’ll go for the Barb)

What about you guys? Are you still playing S29? Do you enjoy the parangon cap? Are you happy with your results?

1 Like

Super well done Nikoo :+1: I saw your place on the leaderboard the other night.
I did a 137 on my wiz a couple of weeks ago on a not ideal map/not ideal monster types etc. I haven’t been fishing, just slowly crawling higher and higher while upgrading legendary gems for my wiz and demon hunter. I have only had to leave one GR but that was because of horrible rubber banding and lags, so I had to leave and restart.
I’ve never been a fan of fishing and never done it actually. I don’t play as much this season as I usually do. My gaming sessions usually amount to a handful or two of visions and a handful of GR 90s before I get tired. I wouldn’t mind getting or reforging a good ancient amulet and CoE ring for my wiz before eventually do some fishing (have 1100 keys from visions!).
My GoD DH is on the board with a 125 clear in 9:34 also a couple of weeks ago. It should be good for a tad higher if I get the energy for it :slight_smile:
A paragon cap in SSF? It should be at least four or five times higher, but we’ll have to see what the future brings with season 30, the patch, the balancing, the altar and everything.

1 Like

Thanks, Jazz! :pray: I hope that you will achieve your goals!

As for the parangon cap in SSF, 4 or 5 times higher would make it 3200-4000 gonz. I get it that it would be good for the durability of the season.

However, I see 3 reasons why it perhaps doesn’t need to be so high:

• Considering this season’s theme, an 800 cap was enough for most classes to achieve GR150 in SSF, and even time-attack GR150 (except for the DH - GR147 - and the Monk - GR148), and there is still a lot of time ahead to try harder.
  • A low parangon cap is fairer to players who want to compete but who can’t afford playing many hours in a season. I remember this idea that Raxx expressed in one of his 2 videos on “how to make D3 great again”. He said that an awesome new feature would be a new kind of challenge rift. For instance, each week, this new kind of challenge rift could consist of the build + the maps and mobs layout on which one of the top 10 players of each class has won their place on the leaderboard. And everybody has an equal chance to try to beat their time. For this to be absolutely equal (in the sense of not giving an advantage to players who can afford spending the entire week doing this), it could be caped at idk, say 20 attemps. Such a new game mod will probably never see the light, and a low caped SSF mod seems to be the most equal game mod we have so far. That’s why I like it.
  • Finally, if the devs want to keep a seasonal parangon cap but raise it in order to increase the durability of the season, they can still apply a 4000ish parangon cap in seasonal group mod.

Anyway, we’ll see!

1 Like

Thx. My goals are usually just to go as high as possible with the couple of builds I play, and focus on, without fishing. So when I hit the “roof” I can try to improve by farming some paragon points. If it’s a build that has good potential for reaching 150 without lots of failed attempts, I’ll be more motivated to farm paragon points. If not I’ll be satisfied with a lower personal record for the season.

There has been a lot of discussion about the cap in the US forum. Anyhow, 800 is on the low side. The 150 clears must take a lot of luck, patience, persistance and also a good deal of knowledge, pratice and skill. Plus the use of the 200% area damage from paragon points.

I have seen a few crusader 150 clears on youtube. They were with the Akkhan set and really take a lot of work and also rely heavily on the fast reset af the Akkhan cheat death. There should also be some wizard 150 clears on the tube. They must also rely on lots, and lots of effort, the powerful wizard shields and the area damage. I am not passionate enough to try and go so high this season. In fact, I haven’t even tested my s28 wizard that had no problems running 150s with the help of the Altar and paragon points, and see how it performs now in non season. :slight_smile:

1 Like