Frequency of packs of Goblins in Visions of Enmity

Hi,

I am 31 hours into the season, and I have farmed a fair amount of Visions of Enmity.

I have met zero packs of goblins, though. I am surprised as I have seen many of them on some famous youtubers’ videos… I supposed packs of goblins were common, but maybe that was just cherry picking images for their videos…

What’s your experience with packs of goblins in Visions?

1 Like

I’ve had them quite a few times. When I was working my way up with the firebird set I had problems with killing all of them because Firebird is close combat so you have to run around and engage the goblins in smaller groups.
It’s easier with Tal Rasha. I just levelled up a Boon of the Hoarder and put a Avarice band on follower and did a couple of Visions. In one of them I had two tiers with goblin packs so I got the Avarice conquest done (both packs gave over 50 mil gold). Problem with Tal Rasha and goblin packs is that they hardly return any arcane power on crit. The first hit on a goblin only counts to activate it and so on.

I’m sure your luck will change.

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple of floors which were entirely goblins so far.

2 Likes

I’ve done maybe like 10 total visions so far and in 3 of them I had 1 floor full of goblins. The problem though is that it was during leveling and my build was bad so 2 times they all ran away :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s veird TBH. I made whole season on solo self found HC, i was maybe 100 times in these VoE, and never seen pack of goblins (i didn’t even knew, they can be here).

Then i went to Solo self found SC, and only during leveling 1-70 part i met 3 of these and during first 150 paragons i met another 4… When i met them first time, i was very surprised :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not saying, that HC is underrated! I just say, that it is werid (bad)luck and numbers and probability is always funny…

2 Likes

Thanks for your testimonies!

I was planning on swapping over from VoE to rifts to get more gems (I am very low ont them, so I have been doing many… normal vaults :laughing:), but I will keep trying my luck in VoE.

I’ll change strategies, though. Yesterday, I haven’t been picking up any legs unless it was green or red (got 4 primals so far, but none of them in a VoE). From now on, I will only be going straight to the chest, unless I encounter gobs.

It’s very easy to find a VoE: you just need density so you farm The Fields of Misery or Agony lvl 2 (as Rob advised right at the beginning of one of his videos), and you can see many of them spawning in a very short time (as for me, up to 4 in Fields of Misery).

Thx for the encouragement!

I feel you, there is nothing more frustrating than having to watch gobs go away! :laughing:

RNJesus works in mysterious ways… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I usually clear each tier in the vision and pick up everything, apart from yellow items. So I often have to return to town and salvage every tier. :slight_smile:

1 Like

THEY HEAR ME! :smiley:

Just now entered game, run first bounty, few monsters and VoE appeared. And in it - 2 floors of goblins (RAIN of legendaries, crafting mats etc etc etc…).

3 Likes

They heard me too! I got two packs of gobs in two consecutive levels + another one a few VoE later, which allowed me to augment all my ancients and start climbing GRs.

I’ve just completed gr125 and got my first top #50 in season :smiley:

https://imgur.com/a/epqsk42 *

I wonder up to which tier I can go… I will probably know quite soon :sweat_smile:

(* and there is this bug again: I can’t see my highest clear unless I scroll down the lb. Top right of the lb, instead of my clear and time, it’s written: “–”… Do you guys have the same problem?)

2 Likes

The “–” show at me too.
I haven’t started to climb yet. Haven’t run any echoings (have the petrified screams of course).

That’s because you are looking at the overall view of the leaderboards, you have to click on that and choose which build you are running with.

So example: I do a GR 100 with DMO wizard build, but on overall it is displayed as “–” because the lowest gr on overall is like GR 130, but if I switch over to “DMO 6 piece set” it will display my highest clear on the lb.

I think it’s really cool they added specific leaderboards instead of the generic overall.

I didn’t want to play solo self found mode, but I was playing on softcore when I found all my goblin packs :smiley:

Maybe blizzard just doesn’t like HC

The “–” shows for all the leaderboards in SSF. Also the Over All will usually show your best clear regardless if you’re on the board or not. It must be temporarily bugged.

…oh and I’m on spot 807 with 3:02 on the no set leaderboard… (by doing the GR 45 conquest) :grin:

1 Like

So does it in (multiplayer) season for previous seasons. In NS, there is a lag (meaning I see “–” for a second or so) and then my highest clear and time show on the overall lb… but when I select a set, all I see is the “–” again…

Haha, gg! :grin:

Also, I noticed a couple days ago that the % meter on the bar that shows progression in GRs now starts at 1%. It used to start at 95% or so, right? Or am I turning crazy? :laughing: I’m asking cuz I haven’t red anything about such a change in the patch notes…

I remember it was noticed that there was made a quality improvement to the GR meter bar. This must be what you are asking about… that it shows % already from start.

2 Likes

its just random … you havent learned that in the 11 years?

1 Like

Yeap, the GR meter bar, thanks!

2 Likes

I had to see what I could do. No augments yet and room for improvement on gear. Did a 126. Not to do better than you but because I got to 124 and then the next available was 126. Pushing is not exactly my cup of tea, and without the altar it’s like moving through molasses…
The 126 only gets place 590 on overall and 582 on Tal’s. Probably won’t hold the position for long :grin:

2 Likes

I know the feeling, it’s always tempting even before having an OK gear :smile:

I’m not sure how this works: is this 1 tier by 1 after a certain level? Or is this 2 by 2 untill you close a GR X minutes early on the timer? (I’m wondering because I remember it was 2 by 2 when I was closing GRs very early on the timer, but I didn’t pay attention at which tier level it switched to 1 by 1…)

While pushing, I was thinking that Akkhan rather feels like driving an ox-drawn plough :laughing: At least, the Wizz has teleport ^^

It’s rank #26, now! :smile: https://imgur.com/a/DCPDVq7 (my record at the end of a season is rank #208 in S25 with Akkhan Thorns Bomb)

That may be a weird question, but why don’t you enjoy pushing?

1 Like

I don’t have the exact figures but faster clears will let you jump to a higher tier and skip some levels. Maybe max is 5 tiers higher? (Someone will have the answer). Edit: It’s 3 max as said by Meteorblade below :+1:

About pushing. More accurately it’s the fishing I don’t really care for. Like spending lots of keys opening and closing one GR after the other until you find a good map and then hope for good mob types, luck with pylons and not one of the worst rift guardians.

I don’t mind trying to go as high as possible untill I “hit the roof” of what I can do on almost any map and then farm some more paragon points to go even higher.

2 Likes