Gameplay Improvement

Hey, everybody. Playing Diablo 3 I can’t stop wondering why it was impossible to equalize the bonus damage for wearing two rings from the Legacy of Nightmares set with the bonus damage from class sets.

In my humble opinion, it would have brought some variation to the game. And I’m not talking about adjusting the numbers to one value right off the bat. The difference could be 1000-2000 damage.

But it could be compensated in the future at the expense of satellites. For example, by introducing a separate category of items for satellites, changing the old ones, or slightly adjusting their skills.

It just pains me to see sumiar 7500% damage for 10 legendaries on a hero vs 17500% from a set. It negatively affects builds and variation. Essentially, inherently tying the player to class sets because there is no alternative.

It would also be possible to equalize class sets between them a bit. Not all sets between each other, but sets for each individual class in terms of damage, so that there would be some asymmetry in the game.

Of course, I’m not a designer or technical person. So I can only speculate and estimate, very little imagining the real problems of implementation. But if someone still hears me, I will be pleased).

Couple things…

D3 development has ended. There will be no more new content, mechanical changes or anything else like that. There’s a small chance of balance changes but nothing more than that.

The maximum buffs from both Legacy of Nightmares set and Legacy of Dreams gem are 9750% for damage and 52% for mitigation. What both “lose” in the size of these buffs are more than gained through the additional legendary powers builds can use. You do realize that some of the most powerful builds in the game are based on LoD?

LoN and LoD are perfectly fine just as they are.

3 Likes

The first improvement I would recommend is the scaling values for ancients vs non ancients legendary items.

How often have you received a Cof E (Convention of elements) for example, with 200% increased damage yet the ancient version only 150 or 160%?

What could be done: Make non - ancients 150-170, and ancients 171-200%

That algorithm could operate across the entire fleet of legendaries , of all classes and all items

:exploding_head: