GR moan & mini-quiz

When pushing for a personal best, do you sometimes just close the rift after less than 2 minutes?

Well I do when it’s a long windey alley with morlu legionnaires, and vile temptresses that are hard to kill, and don’t give much rift progress, then you encounter a Juggernaut with loads of minions, all casting arcane sentries…

Quiz: Which bounty and in which act can be found, that literally means “making an omelette”?

winner gets kudos

2 Likes

Oooooh yes…
“Bad” thrashmobs, too many Arcane Enchanted, Frozen or Shielding Elites, or like yesterday:
A really first good “big and open” map with a lot of Elites, try to agglo them (I made two “packs” with 5 or 6 Elites) and see there is no offensive pylon on the map…

Act2, Shrouded moors, “Break a few eggs”?

2 Likes

Sometimes, when truly pushing, I’ll exit the GR as soon as I see which map the first level is.

3 Likes

True. A bad map can ruin your push. Juggernauts are awful too. Especially to builds that benefit from CCing to deal multiplied damage. Two seasons ago as a frenzy barb i couldn’t do anything to them. Only a good pylon could mitigate the frustration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Playing Inna monk some elites are especially annoying. You have a five second window of damage every twenty seconds. A teleporter champion will often escape with a last minute move, some winged and flying monsters are hard to hit by the Allies, if you’re not in sanctuary wormholes and vortexes can throw you away from the pull etc. And then there are Illusionists, Wallers, Shielders, elites that will run away or stay at a distance from you etc.

3 Likes

For most classes they’re tolerable but for necros they’re a true bane. Krysbin’s Sentence ring can up to quadruble the damage against CCed enemies and it’s basically mandatory for every single necro build. CCing enemies is thus a key part of playing necro and for that reason Juggernauts are typically instaskip especially when pushing.

Now I may be suffering from a serious confirmation bias but every time I play necro, about ~80% of the rare elites seem to be Juggernauts.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what i had in mind. And yes i have this same feeling whenever i play necro and try to push. :rofl:

1 Like