Hello all im new to the game ive played it a bit and struggling on what class to play

i have a level 21 necromancer but he isn’t seasonal as he was created ages ago. I dont mind the class but id prefer something else as he isnt seasonal. I did enjoy crusader but i dont like being a support/tank class i prefer doing the damage over taking it. I like fast pace and quite easy to level to get to endgame soon

Demon Hunter. There are several great builds to choose from.
Take a look at maxroll.gg for lots of information and guides.

2 Likes

Extremely fast for Rifts, Bounties, Speed GRs, good for GR pushing and effective in Echoing Nightmares (seasonal only content) we have…

Oh, and drop the notion of the Crusader being a tank just because they wear plate and have a shield. They’re also a very effective damage class, and doesn’t currently have any support roles.

3 Likes

Hi. Crusader is not a support in D3. At least, his end game builds aren’t. In fact, he has some of the highest damage dealing builds in the game. Albeit, he is not the easiest or the most casual - friendly class to play, because he has so many long cooldown abilities that you need to use tactically. The same can be said for necromancer too. Anyway, all of the seven classes have a lot of good end game builds that you can do pretty much any of the high end content. It all comes down to what you enjoy more. Personally, my favourite is Barbarian because of it’s fast paced, aggressive playstyle, its design, it’s tankiness, its straightforward mechanics (in some cases). Demon hunters are also at the top of my list, for it feels like they have similar traits to the Barbarians but with the difference of being ranged. But I enjoy and play all seven classes. Right now monk is the strongest class but that can change in the next patch as blizzard tends to shuffle the deck every now and then. Your first priority is to reach level 70. You need to complete the campaign once and that unlocks adventure mode. That’s where 99% of the end game takes place. If you are in campaign, keep increasing the difficulty often when you see that everything dies too fast. By the end, or somewhere around act 5, you’ll most likely be lvl 70. Maxroll is a good website for builds and guides. Have fun :slight_smile:

PS. One advice I usually give to new players is : play seasons. You are basically getting a bunch of stuff at no cost. When the season ends, your character joins the other non seasonal characters and everything that you’ve accumulated during a season carries over to non seasonal.

One must throw away the concept of crusaders being solely tanks/supports, etc. as such black and white categorisation does not exist in D3. All classes have builds to deal massive amount of damage, all classes can also take damage depending on how the build has been set up for it.

If you like fast paced ranged gameplay, the GoD DH is always a great choice.
https://d3.maxroll.gg/guides/god-ha-demon-hunter-guide
It’s not the most powerful DH build but it can absolutely crush T16, plow through hordes of enemies, move fast.

1 Like