How to craft an Ancient or Primal Hellfire Amulet?

Does it happen by luck when you’re crafting it, or you can reforge a legendary in the cube? I have a strong feeling that Hellfire Amulet might be a good option this season over the one with 2x pylon time.

Hellfire amulets have to be crafted. They cannot be reforged.
They obey the standard chance for legendary / ancient / primal…
359 in 400 are legendary.
40 in 400 are ancient.
1 in 400 are primal.

3 Likes

I’m not sure that a Hellfire amulet will be better than a Flavor of time. It’s a strong contender of course. First of all just just try and get a good amulet (HF or FoT) ancient or not.

1 Like

359 in 400 are legendary? Cmon man … all of them are legendary …
and dont say 40 in 400 are ancient … learn what chance is … statistically speaking, there is 10% for ancient and 10% from that for primal … but that doesnt mean you will get it.
You can get 10 ancients in a row … chance is a chance, not guarantee …

Chance = statistical chance. Get it now?
359 in 400 is common/ordinary legendary. Get it now?

statistical chance is not equal to chance.
im not sure what is exactly a statistical chance, but i do know it looks at the error margin, unlike chance.

Well, statistically speaking, the figures I used were known as Expected Values, which is a specific term from the Law of Large Numbers.

In probability theory, the law of large numbers (LLN) is a theorem that describes the result of performing the same experiment a large number of times. According to the law, the average of the results obtained from a large number of trials should be close to the expected value, and will tend to become closer to the expected value as more trials are performed.

Now, whilst Blizzard have actually stated that the chance of a legendary being an ancient is 1 in 10, they have never actually stated the chance of a primal. However, your assertion that 10% of ancients are primals would mean that the chance of primals would be 1 in 100, or 1%. This isn’t even close to accurate. When primals were first introduced people conducted tests with thousands of items and they got results between 0.22% and 0.25% for primals, i.e. between 1 in 400 and 1 in 455.

3 Likes

Nevertheless Meteor’s figures are true if you look at what the developers have said about the probabilities coded into the game and what the statistics will show if you get a proper sample base… and he already answered above my post.

no i dont get it … if you make 400 hellfire amulets, all of them will be legendary …

Yes, and on average, they’ll be…
359 in 400 are Legendary
40 in 400 are Ancient Legendary
1 in 400 are Primal Ancient Legendary

When we refer to things as ancients and primals, we all know it’s just a short-hand for their full names.

1 Like

I’ve made 32 hellfire amulets trying for an Ancient… 0 for 32 but its pretty easy to round up the necessary ingredients… I’ve never been lucky in Diablo III my statistical chances are consistently below published odds

Use recipe 11 in the cube

You can’t use that recipe on crafted items.

3 Likes

My bad then. Sorry! :frowning:

And since I brought up recipe 11 in the first place: you can only have one of these recipe crafted primal ancients equipped at the time (probably known by all by now). Followers can’t wear these items, as far as I know.
If you fancy, you can also use the recipe to make (primal) ancient puzzle rings for the Vault.

2 Likes