I hate arcane beams

I jut wanted to say it:I HATE them.Of course I also hate pylon spawned Dune Dervishes,who one shot you,buuut I hate beams more :smile:

It’s only a few builds that use projectiles that have problems with dervishes and sand dwellers. Arcane beams is often a question of moving and positioning to avoid them or at least avoid the parts of them that does the most damage. (A Firebird Wiz with templar can actually stand still and channel quite a lot in beams before getting in trouble).

The god dh gets destroyed by the those spinning a***oles. The necro bone spear suffers too, but it’s easier to control your damage and aim and so you can shoot some other things instead, whereas with the dh you shoot everywhere and projectiles are bound to hit them. Unless you skip them of course. The two minute invincibility from flavor of time helps tremendously though.

1 Like

My fave character for arcane beams is the sweeping wind monk as I have a lot of arcane resistance on it so they hardly kill me anymore even at 130+ and those twirly dudes are ok too . Just watch out when they start their spinning. What I struggle with is grunts and other stuff that run away outside the close range with this monk as it’s a close range killer.

2 Likes

When Dune Dervishes are spinning (and when Sand Dwellers have an aura of sand) they are able to reflect projectiles. This means the usual reason players die isn’t the damage the mobs are causing but their hero’s own attacks being reflected back at them. Prime candidates for this are GoD DH (reflected Hungering Arrows), Impale DH (reflected Impales), H90/Frenzy Barb (reflected thrown axes), Bone Spear Necro (reflected Bone Spears). For people playing those classes / builds, Nemesis bracers on your follower might not be a good idea (as they seem to disproportionally spawn Dervishes) and, on hardcore, they’re an absolute deathwish.

This mechanic has been brought up time and again on the US forums, especially during a couple of the previous seasons where the themes could cause the death of the hero, e.g. some class’s shadow clones had projectile attacks so your own clone could kill you (or your party members) and the one with the elemental attacks, the lightning breath was counted as a projectile so could be reflected to kill you, even by mobs that were hit off-screen (as the range on the breath was further than is drawn on screen). Blizzard ignored all feedback about this and put it to live unchanged both seasons, despite this meaning hardcore heroes essentially had to roll the dice every time they got a clone or the lightning breath.

3 Likes

My frenzy H90 barb can’t stand beams much,but if you have life per hit high enough,you can survive a bit.
As for Dervishes,when they start spinning,I stop hitting them :smile:
Still hate them both :laughing:
Thanks for the info guys :hugs:
(if only we had a 4th cube slot to place the beam-immunity necklace)

Or immunity amulet to the element you attack dervishes with in the 4th cube slot.
For better survivability you could gear up the templar with capt. Crimson’s and other stuff with lots of cdr so he can heal you about every ten seconds.

1 Like

[quote=“Meteorblade-2266, post:5, topic:3126”]
…the mobs are causing but their hero’s own attacks being reflected back at them…[/quote]

There it is!! Learn how the game works, then come and whine little more.

Looking at your activity on this forum it mainly consists of whining, crying and cussing :rofl:

A good healthy (no pun intended) Life Per Hit, coupled with a nice high attack speed also helps against Arcane Beams. That seems to be working quite nicely this season for my Wizard.

1 Like

True. You should still roll the attack speed on your gloves to 50% chd though :slight_smile:
Up to a certain point you can stand still in the beams because the wiz is so tanky. On the other hand there can be so much damage from different sources that no amunt of life per hit will sustain you.