Is Diablo 3 on Series X running on One X patch yet?

I only found old topics stating Diablo 3 runs the Xbox One S codebase on Series X in contrast to the Xbox One X profile it should run on Series X as all Xbox games do on Series X that had a One X profile in the past.

Last i’ve read about this was in 2020 stating Blizzard was working on a fix;

Does, by now, Diablo 3 run on Series X using the One X code (4K/60) or is the game still trapped in the Xbox one S code (1080p/60) on Series X?

I want to buy D2R and if it runs 4K/60 as it did on One X i would definately grab the Prime Evil Collection edition.

Hope to get a clear answer on this.

Still 1080p. I have just cancelled prime evil collection pre-order for xbox because of that.

Sucks to hear, thanks for replying. Not buying the prime evil collection than. Shame on Blizzard for not just correcting this easy mistake.

1 Like

Come on Microsoft/Blizzard. Get this sorted. How can it not have already been sorted out.

I had a bunch of friends over on the weekend to see how the Series X performs. All of them big Diable III fans. We tried to play some couch co-op. Lets just say they are now seeking PS5’s instead of Series X’s of the back of this. Its a Shambles. After all the talk about how great backwards compatibility is with Xbox and then not only does there biggest competitor do it so much better, but so does their the last generations Xbox One X.

You should be doing better.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4) is backwards compatible with the PlayStation 5, offering a single graphics display mode running Dynamic 2160p (2160p) resolution at Locked 60 FPS. With most Digital Foundry reports showing a graphical lead on almost all cross platform titles going to Xbox Series X, why has this not been fixed?

1 Like