Is it worth playing season 23?

With season 23 not really having a seasonal theme(it already applies to non-season) is there much point in playing the season aside from the cosmetics/pets?
The item changes are also already available in non-season so aside from leaderboards and cosmetics I’m not seeing much point.
It would be far easier to just hop straight in with a high paragon non-seasonal hero.

Am I alone in this thinking?

Do you have all five stash tabs available from season play?

I dont have all of them but close enough. It just feels like there was more reason to play previous seasons than this one. There was always an interesting mechanic that wasn’t available in non-season.

I’ll do a relaxed season on a demon hunter to reach at least conqueror for the tab, but mostly play non season to see how much better the Firebird wizard can do now that GoD is nerfed.

For me personally, I’ll be playing to Guardian (for the cosmetics) and then back to non-seasonal and/or other games. Without a theme, there’s no incentive to play on lower paragon heroes when I could be pushing with my non-seasonal ones.

I don’t mind the lack of seasonal theme that much, at least not if this season isn’t dragging on for 4-5 months like tha last 2. I am more bothered about the dh and wd nerfs especially wd now is by far the weakest class. Appart from that, i am going to play both non and season cause i like making a character from zero and barb has an amazing start.

I don’t mind playing for the cosmetics this season. I hope the conquests are not too hard to attain. I will try to start a Barb from scratch, again. I will, however, toggle to non-season if I get bored, as I had a jolly time with the sader.

I simply will play it to have fun.

This season’s Conquests are very easy.
https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/blog/23647866#Conquests
Pick any three from these…

• Nephalem rift in under 2 minutes (Speed Demon)
  • GR75 solo (Divinity)
  • All bosses in under 20 minutes (Boss Mode)
  • 50,000,000 gold streak (Avarice)

People will probably avoid the one for multiple set dungeons (Master of the Universe).

No theme? While the season have not started yet I notice that the patch boosts the followers. Playing solo that is a powerful season theme. There is also the possibility that they have some surprise up the sleave.

The follower changes are live now, i.e. before the season has started.
The follower changes affect non-seasonal heroes.
The follower changes are permanent, i.e. they will last after the season ends.

How can something that goes live before a season starts, affects non-seasonal heroes and lasts after the season ends possibly be considered a seasonal theme?

1 Like

Made it to Guardian in 25 hours solo play (apart from a Chapter 3 split bounty run and 9 T13 split bounties for Avarice). Only need to extract 40 (and 20) powers (have all the mats of course) and do an augment and a reforge to finish. Quite slow and relaxed (apart from Speed Demon and some of the other tasks!).

PS. When doing the last tasks for Guardian, the reforge of a legendary turned my Dawn bow into an ancient… which I could then augment to get the last task done.

1 Like

To quote myself, again :slight_smile:
Firebird wiz isn’t too bad (to put it mildly). Did a 128 in the first go even killing a few juggernauts. The 129 today took two attempts. Probably my own fault for not playing the maps right… The playstyle can be a bit clunky but I’ve never reached so high before with any build or theme. The season solo wiz leaderboard has gr 134 as “entry level” with players from paragon 14xx and up. I don’t have the patience or skill to try and get that high but a 130 should be within reach.
Hope everybody else is having fun too. :+1:

2 Likes