Is there any way to get more than four passive skills?

Is there any way to get more than four passive skills?

The Hellfire amulet :slight_smile:

Once you are fully equipped and start playing Adventure mode in higher diffculties there are certain “standard” passives generally used for each set/build and what kind of stuff you want to play (for example focusing on high speed or Greater rift pushing).

There is a web site, maxxroll.gg, that has a d3 section with lots of info and guides. Also lots of stuff on youtube about d3.

2 Likes

Hello:

There is also a Game Guide: https://eu.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-gb/game/guide/get-started/introduction

It’s not as detailed as many would like it to be… the translations have mistakes… but, worst of all, it hasn’t been kept updated. Still, for a new player, there is a lot of useful information about the game there.

Best of luck in your games !

3 Likes

According to that guide you can only have one passive skill active at a time??? That seems pretty rubbish. I thought the whole definition of a passive skill was it’s “always active” - you don’t need to activate it for it to work. so that means you can’t choose passive skills that will have synergies with each other, because only one passive skill can apply at any time ? That’s very disappointing

You must have misread or misunderstood something :+1:
It’s Blizzard’s own game guide.
Quote:
As you reach levels 10, 20 and 30 (and 70 with Reaper of Souls ), you’ll unlock a passive skill slot.

That’s four in total.

2 Likes

The game guide says under Passive skills " Though you can swap your active skills instantly outside of combat, if you try to swap passive skills while you’re roaming the wilderness or crawling through a dank dungeon, they’ll be unavailable for a brief recharge time (a “cooldown” )."

Which sounds like only one passive skill can be in effect at any time. Which is a very disappointing as that’d mean no synergies between passive skills. Has it been changed? Or is the guide wrong or not being clear enough? I hope it’s wrong.

It says they will be unavailable for a short period of time… (which in reality means that it will be unavailable (the one you switch to).
Nothing about only one passive :slight_smile:
A change to another passive can or will have a short period before being active. But you still have the other three and then the fourth quite soon. Also nobody changes passives during action.
On cheat death passives like Awarenes there is a 60 second cool down if it’s been activated. And in that period it can’t be swapped. Don’t worry about things too much.

1 Like

But if you can only have one passive skill applying at a time, that’s seems like a strange and unusual definition of passive. And means you can’t have synergies between three or four passive skills when you’re level 50 or 70. Only between passive and active skills.

Thanks for the explanation though. I t’s good to know how it works at least so I know when choosing skills

It does not say that.
You’re level 24 now so you can have two passives active. Try it and see how it goes.

1 Like

Ah right thanks. At level 70 can you have 4 passive skills active at once?

Yes.

2 Likes