Is This the Last Season?

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:, I just want to know what will happen when season 30 ends? Because I heard rumors that they will start them over from season one again which I thought was a great idea because it will give players who only started playing Diablo III much later on after it’s release a chance to go back and have another opportunity to get the old season rewards that they missed or will they just stop having seasons altogether or will there be a season 31 or what will happen? Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:.

Noone said it will start with Season 1. All it said, that S30 would just bring back the Altar and some class balance, and following seasons will bring back themes from previous seasons. All of the sudden S30 also brought back S29 (Vision portals) and S25 (Soul shards) themes all in one. Bear in mind, that seasons started being theme-driven from S14 (and even then some themes have been incorporated into the game core, like RoRG, LoN, Echoing Nightmares for example), so nothing really to bring back from earlier ones - except maybe from pets/portrait frames/other cosmetics.

These are already on repeating rotation, starting with S5 cosmetics. In fact S29 was the start of the second repeating rotation.

The seasons don’t stop. Blizzard did explicitly state that from now on seasons will on 3 month rotation and recycle previous themes. Which theme will be next (combined with the Visions and the Altar which are permanent for all seasons) remains to be seen but I do hope they’ll only use one of the powerful ones. The earlier themes are pretty weak and worthless.

1 Like

Seasonal themes so far:
|1-13|No seasonal theme, just updates and patches
|14|Double goblins
|15|Double bounties
|16|Free Rorg
|17|Free LoD
|18|Triune circles
|19|Pandemonium (kill streak buffs)
|20|Cube without restrictions
|21|Time interval buffs
|22|4th cube slot + clones
|23|Follower rework
|24|Ethereals
|25|Soul shards
|26|Echoing nightmare
|27|Sanctified items
|28|Altar
|29|Visions + paragon cap
|30|Reuse of Season 25

Obsolete/outdated seasons: 14,15 &18. I highly doubt that most of us really care for double goblins at this point, and double bounties are unlocked via the Altar anyway. Same with the Season 18 theme which is now available with the potion from the Altar.

Themeless seasons: Season 23 reworked the follower/emanation system, Season 26 added echoing nightmares and a convinient shortcut to augments, Season 28 introduced the Altar and Season 29 a new game mode for solo players with Visions. These aren’t themes but more like features and content which became permanent. There isn’t anything “seasonal” to talk here, with the exeption of Season 28 which may return with the full power of the Altar at some point.

RoRG / Lod: Underwhelming on their own, compared to some of the more recent seasons, but it would be interesting if both seasonal themes could be combined into one season, since they don’t interfere with each other. One buffs sets and the other buffs LoD builds. Everyone is happy.

Strong buffs: Any of the S20,22,24,25 & 27 themes are great and have provided lots of fun and diversity in the past. They all include buffs of some sort, or new ways to play and they make the majority of the classes way stronger. From cube freedom and necromancers with 3 different multipliers, to ethereals and sanctified items that even allowed new builds to emerge (e.g. Spinning Impaler). Their return is more than welcome. You are more likely to reach top power in some of those seasons. Living proof is how many GR150 clears were made in Season 30 and with pretty much every set and build in the game.

Special seasons: 19 & 21. More like a gimmick and less like an actual buff. Can certainly have some potential, especially if we recall the exploits that allowed supports without damage to clear GR150. Although not the biggest fan of them, there is more fun to be found than in a season without a theme, for sure.

To sum up, we are talking about a good rotation of around 8 - 10 themes, if I count the seasons that had an actual theme.

1 Like

Thank you guys for the great answers but I think Kirottu’s answer is the information I am looking for because all I am really asking about is the season rewards that’s all, I mean I just want to know if they will repeat cosmetic and stash tab rewards and whatever other rewards they have given in past seasons because I have only been playing since season 24 and a little non season mode before that. So I think it would be awesome if I had another chance to get those rewards because they are collectable.

1 Like