Linear Progression - quick fix that will

I apologize if I make “beeeg” mistakes when it comes to typing in ingrish <- that one was intentional :wink:

Linear Progression - quick fix that will improve the game significantly. Wudji mentioned this in a video of his, but I am sure everyone has felt this since this game is a grindfest. While there is nothing wrong with choosing to prefer a grindfest over other types of games (wont name any as your dusty minds would think that they are complete opposites). D3 is definitely Not affiliated with D2 aside from picking up stuff. The loot has no other goal than to optimize the grind. But back to our main and only topic:

Linear progression. Players give up around gr 110 (for the “hardcore” casuals) - 1k paragon-ish per season.
Actually casual players 1-2 times per week: give up at maybe paragon 800 tops.
Given that the only endgame being xp/highest gr… Why not make it scale better in the eyes of the players? I am sure you are aware of this, but the majority of players are “hardcore” casuals. They come often but don’t find much pleasure in replaying the same rifting game due to the loot system being this bland… and even if it werent (D4 catastrophy incoming ahum ahum because its not D2_2.0).

To throw some numbers around: Why not drag the current 150 to gr 200? And enable T20 in the same fashion? Everything would look neat, too! 1000 gem upgrades! Cmon… Sounds cool and would give a little touch of what lvl 99 felt in D2 (I never got it and Never wanted it, but after reaching 97 on my barbarian with all ethereal, self-repair 2sockets Rare items Slightly better than “legendaries”… Gawd that felt good. D3 is fun, but its not the same franchise and has been through way more flip flops than a college dormroom.

It’s still sad that you valued your take of success (just scrambling numbers) rather than do good by your fans (offer them something they wanted… just improved) and instead focused on “innovating” which lead to all the outrage.

Fandom makes greater sales than catering to compulsion of this industry. There are more gamers by the hour… it is bound to grow… but if you respect your fans… Holy shit you will sale these ugly plushies (I mean statues and shiz… cuz we’re too old for doLLz).

Once again! I apologize for any potential mistakes, but welcome constructive criticism.

OH and I do Have to highlight:::: NOT MORE GR DIFFICULTY. Just parsed to 200 so that people actually enjoy a more healthy competition. Heck, if you capped paragon points to plvl 2000 on season, that would be realistic too… instead of giving unfair advantages to seasonal players thus forcing players to start over. Anyways… Im out!

signed…

• big D >:'D

The reason GRs don’t go beyond GR150 is a technical one. Guardian health is held as a signed 64 -bit integer. The maximum value such a variable can hold would be exceeded within a couple of GRs higher than GR150, as mob HP increases by 17% per GR rank.

The rest of your post is confusing. You say casuals tap out at GR110, then say you want GRs to go up to GR200, and Torments to go up to T20, but then say you don’t want more GR difficulty, and want a paragon cap. If they’re casual, what will T20 and GR200 offer to players that don’t go anywhere near GR150 in the first place?

The OPs suggestion isn’t that more difficult GR ranks should be added, rather that GR 150 should be renamed to GR 200 and the the GR difficulties from 1-199 should then be rebalanced to fit with this new scale.

Personally, I am not sure that is necessary for all GR levels, as the low tiers hardly feel any different from the ones directly above or below, but I have never gone really high, and so the scaling between tiers might get much faster at higher GRs.

Capping the paragon level makes sense to me. Might be hard to do in general, because people that have been playing non-seasonal would be mad, but it could be added as a feature of seasonal. I would think that only a very small number of people and bots are getting above paragon 2000 in 3 months. It would make pushing the highest tiers more about player skill than how much you grind.

The health of enemies increases by 17% per GR level and it’s cumulative. Let’s imagine that a hero has just enough damage to do a GR100. For that same hero to do a GR150 they have to overcome the health increase of the mobs. So, how much of a damage increase would that require? Well, that’s (1.17)^50 = 2,566 times more damage required.

All that capping paragon accomplishes is punishing players that could have done better so that other players can artificially catch them up.

cap season paragon at 2000 is a bad joke, I am no bot and I do not even go GR150 but even I am already over 2300paragon and the season is still running.
If we would have a stop at 2000, why should anyone go on playing after reaching 2000? There are players without using bots but playing hard in their community or friendlist and with high GR there is more EXP. Season para cap is not a good idea.
And let me ask why, what makes it for your game, if others are higher than you, because they play a lot more. Maybe even do streaming their games.

I would love a logical answer to this because I have seen many complaints but no good answers. The closest to good I have seen is “because I can’t compete on the leader board” as if there is any unfairness in that vs the fairness of putting in more effort means reaching higher.