Lost characters

8 fully leveled and geared chars just disappeared from my account. I had literally just recorded a few normal rifts and GR’s the night before and when I logged in this morning to record more my CHARACTERS were just gone. Has this ever happened to someone else? Is there something I can do to get those CHARACTERS back?

That was several hours/days spent and would really hate to have to start all that over again.

Can someone please help.

First thing to check. Did you log into the right region’s servers? Sometimes the Battlenet launcher will default back to a different server region. If your heroes are / were on the EU servers, and you logged into the US or Asia servers, you wouldn’t see your EU heroes.

Second thing to check. Did you log into Battlenet / Diablo III with the right account? Heroes are account-specific. If you have multiple Battlenet accounts, did you use the right one, i.e. the one with all your heroes on?

If it’s neither of those, does anyone else have access to your account details, i.e. could someone else have maliciously deleted the heroes? If that’s a possibility, you should immediately change your password and, if you don’t already have one, get the authentication application for your mobile phone, as this provides two-factor authentication, i.e. something you know (your email address and password) and something you need physical access to (your phone), in order to secure access to your account.

Ultimately, if they’ve actually been deleted, you should contact Blizzard’s support via a web ticket, as this isn’t the sort of thing they would fix via the forums.

For example…
Diablo III Account Rollbacks

Diablo III game accounts are eligible for three rollbacks. A rollback restores the game to a prior state and reverts any changes made after the rollback point (a periodically updated save point).

Account Hacked

Common Problems

• Account was hacked
  • All items are missing
  • Password changed
1 Like

@Dragonite,

Note also that you can undelete the last hero (and only the last hero) deleted…

If the last hero deleted is one of those 8… then someone might have deleted them as Meteorblade suggested.

1 Like