My PTR Experience (Barb only)

Hi! So I was excited with the new Barbarian changes and also somewhat concerned about the increase in potential damage the Rend change had. It’s finally a strong speed farming build for barbarians with only a short time on it. I originally thought that it would be too much effectively having a second damage source equal to or higher than the original, For me WW is in a good place, but still weaker than the lights of DH Multishot and most other mass killing setups.

My only comments would be, to bring it closer to the other top farming builds, can the “Apply Rend on whirlwind hits” be added to the dust devils? As currently it’s only on actual melee range hits, completely understandable if not, it’s still strong.

On the Season 19 theme, I love it. It’s getting more exciting than the last and that’s awesome. In the notes however, it implies that the stages of the seasonal effect are on going from start to next step, which from what I’ve seen it isn’t, it erupts in that one spot with a mass of the one bonus at the time of reaching that kill streak and doesn’t occur again. The few times I reached 500 kills it caused a massive FPS drop for me on my laptop, which isn’t a terrible machine If I’m honest!
I’d be interested in seeing it as a prolonged effect potentially reducing the burst at that point of getting to the number needed, but randomly activating for the time it’s there.
For example the desired effect procs upon reaching the number, but smaller and continues based on Attack speed and/or cooldown once you have met the condition. This might reduce the amount of added effects overall. as the time in between the first few effects is very small, you’d only use them for a few seconds and then it’ll bridge the gap of very little use (when the gap is 100 kills+) and provide effects during long fights like Greater rift bosses. making it more important to attempt to hold that stronger effect for the final parts of your rifts!
My thought is for example
Stages:
15 kills - 2 tornados per proc (might literally end up seeing 2 tornados per streak depending on the limits)
30 kills - 2 Geysers
50 kills - 4 Chickens
100 kills - 1 Corpse Rain effect (could be the WD version of the Keywarden version in terms of size)
Etc.

I hope it’s not too hard to understand! Further discussion is also welcome :smiley:

A spinning Barbarian earlier today…

Changed from live…

Removed…
Pride of Cassius
Wrath boots
Skull Grasp
Furnace (cube)
Mantle of Channelling (cube)

Added…
Crimson Belt
Crimson Boots
Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
Ambo’s (cube)
Lamentation (cube)

Will see how much further I can push it later.

i suppose since Ambo’s is giving you Rend as free damage you don’t really need to have it on ya bar! But I’m only at about 300-400 paragon and slowly working up my GRs and it’s the first time I’ve found 70+ easy on a barbarian with only a limited amount of time to play, so my PTR time is short so far
Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

Yep, this was only the 2nd GR I ran on my seasonal PTR Barb, without all required items, no augments, only legendary gem was a Bane of the Powerful at rank 4…