Paragon level is for rats!

Yes, rats.

We don’t want endless paragon level in Diablo 4. This endless paragon is suitable for farming rats.

Level 99 similar to Diablo 2 is perfect l. It was very difficult to reach level 99 in Diablo 2 and there was a death penalty which is perfect as well to make to deter leechers.

Now in Diablo 3, paragon level 3000+ don’t want to play with lower paragon level characters.

I really hope no paragon level is added to Diablo 4

6 Likes

So far, it appear as though heroes will be limited to a max Level 40.

It would appear so far that Paragon as we know it will not be returning in Diablo IV, but instead the so-called “endless grind” will be to acquire skill points in order to build up the power of your hero. I think they mentioned that even those will be capped, but I could be mistaken.

If paragon levels make a comeback, then they need to be more diverse and need to be specifically capped…

3 Likes

paragon levels (or a mechanic like them) are totally ok… D3’s problem is they uncapped them for a reason I cannot fathom.

If there is a mechanic like it there needs to be a hard cap on it. Having thousands of paragon levels is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeye right, lets make people with 1000 hours of playtime and 100 hours to be absolutely equal in power. Good motivation to play more!

well, no, actually

3 Likes

Thats right paragon sucks just up the level to 99

1 Like

The problem is, you need to reward your active players somehow. In d3 this is the paragon lvl system. Its ok i think, how you want to reward someone who grind 6-7-800 hours in a season?
I’m really curious how they want to reward active players in d4.

You reward them with more chance of finding rare legendaries. The more you play, the more epic gear you find obviously. That’s the reward…

1 Like

plz don’t make the leveling like PoE, it’s awfull

3 Likes

Its a joke, i hope…

Constant events and unique bosses will be your reward, remember it’s gonna be a live service game so if you play more you’ll get more rewards for doing this time limited events and so on when otherwise people who play casually 10-15h a week won’t be able to obtain it.

How? Look at D2 and PoE for instance. You reward people with gear, not the lazy way they did it in D3.

If Paragon is added - I won’t buy Diablo 4.

The paragon system is what ruined Diablo 3 for me (and the lackluster variation from sets).

Logarithmic curve for level 99 is fine - you can make it harder for Diablo 4, but no endlessness. There must be a point where you can say: My power is done.

So where do I get my variation? From building different characters, trying out different builds. That should be worth thousands of hours.

3 Likes

What do you hold against rats sir?

1 Like

I think he is referring to a hamster-wheel, but then with rats.

Still, paragon levels are the worst thing in D3, by far.

Paragons levels are bad, we don’t want it. Character power level should be capped, doesn’t matter how, it just should be.

1 Like

please blizzard if you can see my reply remove paragon levels forever from d4 and let the max level be 99

I think you have a veey good point. There has to be a reward but i dont like it being items. when that happens i cant do a proper build or it takes so long that it will be boring. However, paragons are better reward. You still get to enjoy the game when you are 2k. If you were 4k para (no lifer) then you will do a little better and i can still beat your ass. So paragons are ok. Let them have it. It makes it so much more fun when i beat them.