Petrified Screams

been doing GR 90 so many times now and ive had not one single one of the Petrified Scream drop, is there something ive missed that i need to do before i can get em?

4 Likes

Not that I know of. On the PTR they were a 1:1 drop from GRs, i.e. you’d get one from every GR guardian you killed, even if it was a GR1. Then the patch notes came out and said they’d altered their drop rates, but didn’t say how. I ran maybe 4 or 5 GRs last night and didn’t get any, albeit not as high as you did.

2 Likes

i got one now, it tok 20 runs in gr 90 to get it, that drop rate is to low is you ask me, this season is about the Echoing Nightmare but they make it hard to get in it,

2 Likes

Just saw this over on the US forums. Seems we’re not alone…

3 Likes

[Rhykker] mentioned its a 5% change now they drop. I agree its way to low. I’m afraid a lot of casual players won’t even see the hard work the dev put in :frowning:

2 Likes

no point in doing this season if blizzard is going to deny us the season special

6 Likes

agree also already quit it might aswell play nonseasonal same thing basicly.

3 Likes

I quit more than just d3 over this, final straw, I quit blizzard. gluck

1 Like

drop rate is complete trash. absolute waste of a season. i want to experience this but after many grifts i havent had a single drop…wtf

2 Likes

The interesting part is that there is a person at Blizzard in charge of this who thought this would be ok and people would like having to grind tens to hundreds of greater rifts to find one of these keys. They are so far removed from their audience it’s not even funny.

7 Likes

I haven’t played since the season they added the burning carnival set for necro. Figured I’d reinstall to check out the new content… but looks like the new content may as well not exist. Pushed to 80ish without seeing anything so figured I must be missing something, guess not. Just a shitty droprate. Really hope they patch it soon. What’s the point of new content if noone gets to see it?

4 Likes

I got my first while I was strugling to get gear for T6.
Until now (2 days into the season) I got 6. I’m playing Impale DH on HC.
I did 3 runs, first time I got a 107 gem, 2nd time a 102 and 3rd (after reading a bit) I got 125.
Then I used the 107 to upgrade one of the few ancients I had.
Considering that in order to get a 125 gem I would have to run at least 30+ GRs (after getting 30 GR keys) of which the last ones would be over 120, I believe the balance is good.

1 Like

You can’t talk about “balance” just because you seem to have been extremely lucky compared to the average experience people have.

1 Like

The balance is good?
there is no balance, we are 2 people playing together and we have only got 2 keys in total , we are both over 800PG , so what balance are you talking about?

Got my first scream at paragon 619, in a GR98. Looking at the seasonal section of my profile, I’ve done 45 rifts. So, bearing in mind some of those 45 were the Nephalem Rifts to get keys, I’d estimate that it was probably around my 25th GR of the season before I got the scream.

This is only really an issue for those who want to receive the new content solo. In group play a 5% drop rate becomes 20% so you’ll get one every 5 GRs on average.

You might think that the solution is to increase the drop rate in solo or small group play. E.g

4 man 5% (20% total)
3 man 6% (18% total)
2 man 8% (16% total)
1 man 14% (14% total)

However this would make split rifts become the meta way to farm them, undermining group play.

Perhaps they could introduce an additional new item with a separate drop rate that only drops when solo, and opens a solo only nightmare.

E.g.
Petrified Scream 5% in groups of all sizes
Triple Terror 1% in groups of 3 or less.
Duo Dark Dream 2% in groups of 2 or solo
Solo Scream 6% in solo groups

That way 4/7 of the tokens dropped solo could still be used in larger group sizes (I e. Sharing what you found with your friends) without making split GRs the meta.

However, no, this would also lead to split FR farming because split farms get the same number of screams, then also get the other tokens.

So all in all, I don’t think there’s a way to improve solo drop rate without hurting group play in some way.

I have a similar experience. I am paragon 600, have probably cleared somewhere between 30 and 40 Greater Rifts, and haven’t found a single one. I don’t even know how these things look like. And I don’t usually consider myself unlucky in D3. Yet, I have found 3 primals (2 + the one guaranteed from the first GR 70). So this season is telling me that this things are more rare than primals ?? :rofl:

There is a very high chance that the blizzard staff that makes the changes for this game consists of people who rarely play diablo 3, if not at all. I have a feeling they base their changes and updates on what elite famous streamers, who play/stream all day and night, suggest. No wonder most of the famous YouTubers were happy they nerfed EN and everything in it and seem happy with how the season is now. As if the average player can afford to play 15 hours every day. This is unenjoyable for like 70% of players that are active in the in-game chat from what I saw today.

Anyway, enough of my rant. I am probably still going to play through this season and maybe my luck changes for the better. Or at least until I get the cosmetic rewards.

2 Likes

I found 3 petrified scream. They actually look cool. A tormented face turned to stone (petrified) in the middle of a scream.
I only used one and used the 125 augment to finish Guardian. The drop rate? Sure it’s poor. No doubt you’ll get a fair share when you spend time speed running GR 90 and above for max loot drop.
I wonder how fun it will be running nightmare after nightmare. There is some tactics to it of course but in the end you just run frantically around in an absolute chaos of monsters and effects. You’ll get used to it of course and it’ll be routine play.
I reached p 684 after completing the journey this monday and I haven’t played since. Played much too much in season 24 and 25 (solo) so it’ll be nice with a break.
The updates to GRs with maps and all is a great thing (even though I still got a lot of caves and plague tunnels).

1 Like

Finally got one!!! I reached tier 95 but I died almost instantly. Everything seems to have molten effect. Lol, how do you even avoid all this stuff? Probably a ranged build would help…

1 Like

I played multishot DH with smoke screen instead of vault.
The Maxroll class guides for s26 also have a setup suggestion for echoing nightmares. I guess melee builds can run into problems!

1 Like