Prometheus Season 22 Solo Challenge

Let me embed those for you Kirottu…

2 Likes

Thank you.

I have TL3 on the US forums but unfortunately not here.

I’m exactly the opposite. :wink:

Day 05 (2020-11-25)
I’ve made it to Greater Rift 89.

I still have no items augmented with Caldesans’ Despair.

For some reason, Season 22 is not being very kind regarding the drops for Jewels. Even using Essense of Topaz to convert other jewels to Topaz has been a chore, because I’m hardly getting any jewels…

I’ll be running Nephalem Rifts and Bounties tomorrow to see if that changes…

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dCv8Bmzt3_OvlFO2I6Zoil-txD1ZfMxJ?usp=sharing

If I may…

You have both of these passives…

Audacity
You deal 30% additional damage to enemies within 15 yards.

Power Hungry
You deal 30% additional damage to enemies farther than 30 yards.

Seems like an odd choice to have both. The first favours standing in melee range, the second favours fighting at long range. You could swap one of those passives to…

Elemental Exposure
Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will cause them to take 5% more damage from your attacks for 5 seconds. Each different damage type applies a stack, stacking up to 4 times.

That would get you up to 20% more damage.

Remember the trick to use a broken crown when there is a chance of a good portion of gem drops. You can do a quick shift of helmet just before opening some of the larger chests or you can have a special wardrobe setup to equip for jewel hunting. If you suddenly come near a goblin pack or a bandit shrine you can change build and you can also do it before cubing a Puzzle ring.

I haven’t gotten a single Puzzle ring yet. I have come across a goblin pack or two… but forgot to use the Broken Crown myself!

By the way, I just created a Barb to get the 6th GR55 solo thing done for the final Conquest needed for Guardian, so I’m officially out of the one-hero thing now.

1 Like

That’s typical RNG. One of the previous seasons I had similar bad luck. This season however I’ve already burned through a whole bunch of Puzzle Rings. No a single ancient though.

I also might at some point roll a necro to the season. After all I’ve already completed Prometheus’ challenge.

… and I just got two Puzzle ring in two consecutive runs after the post :grin:

And about the “one hero” thing. As long as it’s pure solo it doesn’t make a difference. Leveling up another hero solo (with a gem of Ease in a strong weapon) will not be of any benefit to one’s solo performance.

Ah, but that’s not up to us. Only using a single hero for the duration of the season was one of the conditions Prometheus set in his challenge.

Using a Gem of Ease, I self-levelled TwentyTwoToo and if I can ever find a set of IK gloves, I’ll polish off a GR55 solo, complete the six GR55s conquest and get Guardian, albeit having not met Prometheus’s challenge conditions.

Of course, unless Prometheus does the Conquest for running the entire Campaign in under an hour, he can’t get Guardian either without breaking his own conditions as two of the Conquests require two heroes (six GR55s in sets, or 8 set dungeon masteries).

[ EDIT ]

Here’s the Barb doing the GR55 for the Conquest / Guardian…
https://imgur.com/a/isXeNlR

I shall now be reverting to normal (for me) gameplay, i.e. any Bounties I run from here on in will be done in split groups, and I’ll be back to offering to give level 1-70 boosts to people whilst I drink mugs of tea.

Good luck, Prometheus.

I use Power Hungry because it works well with a ranged Wizard, which is for all intents and purposes what Wizards are. Audacity comes in handy when monsters stray to within melee range.

But it will make a difference. Additional heroes provides access to experience and materials that otherwise may not have been available to the original one-hero solo character.

Which I have no intention of doing. To be frank, there is nothing in Seasons beyond Chapters I - IV that hold any interest for me. Even the lure of additional stash tabs isn’t a good enough reason for me to put in the effort of attempting to complete anything beyond Chapters I through IV.

Besides, the challenge was to meet or exceed non-season personal Greater Rift records, which for me is GR110. With the main point being able to do so without the help or benefits of group play, or the indirect assistance of other seasonal heroes.

Thank You.

EDIT (2020-11-26):
You do understand that you have failed the challenge?

The highest Greater Rifts you have achieved solo in Season 22 are 88 using “TwentyTwo” and 55 using “TwentyTwoToo”. The idea of the solo-only challenge was to meet and exceed your non-season solo GR records, which for you would be GR129.

You have admitted to reverting to group play and to using multiple heroes. So even if you do continue and record better than GR129 solo, it is invalidated because you failed to adhere to the requirements of the challenge.

Absolutely, yes.

My highest non-seasonal solo GR is a GR129 on my WW/Rend Barb, done at just over 4K paragon. Even with the season theme of a 4th cube slot and shadow clones, it was so unlikely that I’d ever beat that with a seasonal hero’s paragon level it wasn’t even worth me trying the challenge you set out.

One of the conquests is to level 3 gems to 65, which is pretty trivial if you’re already doing GRs into the 80s. Conqueror, for the Stash Tab, only requires 2 conquests. That means you could run Boss Mode, which is to kill all the bosses (except Vidian) in under 20 minutes. However, this only needs to be done at T10, so you just put on lots of movement speed gear / abilities and run through trash and slap the bosses.

I did this on my Crusader by using Steed Charge / Endurance with Swiftmount in the Cube (which doubles the duration of Steed Charge). With the amount of CDR I had in my gear, it was pretty much non-stop horse riding. I think I did it in about 18 minutes. I’m sure there’d be gear / abilities a Wizard could take that would let you do something similar. Isn’t there a wand that lets you teleport lots? Team that up with an In-Geom in the Cube for almost limitless use after killing an elite, and you’d probably be set.

And where you also had the advantage of split bounties for reforges of crucial gear. This “challenge” is set up to only benefit the inventor of it. Surpassing a GR 110 won’t be demanding… unless you intentionally play with a gimped build.

I can’t even really participate in the “challenge” because I have no previous GR solos to beat on the account! :grin:

Well, I already proved that in another thread, where I did it within four hours of creating the hero. Having a 4th cube slot (for an extra damage multiplier) and shadow clones (that can easily take down guardians at up to GR120 or so) means that getting to GR111 should be pretty trivial.

So, do a GR1, take a screenshot, and win the challenge!

You have missed the entire point of my challenge!

The original challenge was for you to start a new season, which essentially means from scratch, create one single hero, and then meet or exceed you non-season Greater Rift records without the additional benefits of any other heroes or group game buffs.

You have failed to do so. You have even gone so far as to admit that you are not even willing to try:

I shall try to keep this civil.

• You have failed to meet with the pure solo terms and conditions of the challenge.
  • By admitting you think it unlikely to reach Greater Rift 129, even with the benefits of the Season 22 theme, you are acknowledging that you are yourself not able to complete any solo challenges without being carried first.
  • This invalidates everything you’ve said before about any of my own previous solo records, and how I supposedly lied about them.
  • Not worth trying? I would have thought that you’d jump at the chance to prove your stance against me.
  • I guess I was right about you. You are indeed all talk and no substance.
  • I shall continue with the challenge, despite you taking all the fun out of it by forfeiting.

But anyways, back to the matter at hand. I have just posted my Day 6 (2020-11-26) screenshots. I’m now on Paragon 719 and have gone up to Greater Rift 90.

The build I posted at the start of this thread has changed slightly:

ITEMS

• Shoulders - Typhon’s Tibia
  • Head - The Magistrate
  • Hands - Typhon’s Claws
  • Torso - Typhon’s Thorax
  • Wrists - Ranslor’s Folly
  • Belt - Hergbrash’s Binding
  • Legs - Typhon’s Abdomen
  • Feet - Typhon’s Tarsus
  • Weapon - Serpent’s Sparker
  • Off Hand - Etched Sigil
  • Neck - The Traveler’s Pledge [Bane of The Stricken]
  • Finger - The Compass Rose [Taeguk]
  • Finger - Ring of Royal Grandeur [Enforcer]

KANAI’S CUBE

• Deathwish
  • Tasker and Theo
  • Unity
  • The Twister Sword

PASSIVES

• Power Hungry
  • Audacity
  • Galvanizing Ward
  • Unwavering Will

SKILLS

• M1 : Electrocute [Lightning Blast]
  • M2 : Arcane Torrent [Flame Ward]
  • B1 : Hydra [Arcane Hydra]
  • B2 : Energy Twister [Gale Force]
  • B3 : Storm Armor [Reactive Armor]
  • B4 : Magic Weapon [Force Weapon]

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dCv8Bmzt3_OvlFO2I6Zoil-txD1ZfMxJ?usp=sharing

Yes. It wasn’t a challenge I was interested in. I like to help other people out during seasons, e.g. by giving them level 1-70 boosts, or carrying them through a couple of GRs for some bloodshards / gear.

That’s one hell of a non-sequitur. I’m acknowledging the fact that because I mostly play solo (my grouping tends to be me giving level 1-70 boosts or, later in a season, when I’m farming gem upgrades, GR carries), I’m highly unlikely to ever get anywhere near enough paragon to compete with a non-seasonal 4K.

Of course, I did manage a GR128 solo in the season where we had the kill-streak damage effects in Season 19, and that was done at around paragon 2200 or so, I think.

The highest paragon I’ve ever gotten in a single season was in S19 when I got a little over 2300, with a few hundred hours played.

No, it doesn’t.
I’ve never claimed to play 100% solo.
You however did claim that, despite not having done so.

Yes, it’s not worth trying. If you understood how much XP is involved in getting to 4K paragon within a three month season you’d see it wasn’t worth trying either. Let’s take a quick look at… http://rerollcalculator.com/Paragon

XP required to get from Paragon 1 to 1000 = ~10.311 trillion
XP required to get from Paragon 1 to 2000 = ~119.325 trillion
XP required to get from Paragon 1 to 3000 = ~388.101 trillion
XP required to get from Paragon 1 to 4000 = ~959.908 trillion

What this means is that getting from paragon 1 to 4000 is like getting from paragon 1 to 1000, 93 times in a row.

I already showed you how I completed Guardian 100% solo this season.
I already beat your GR110, by 5 GRs, in under four hours on a non-seasonal Wizard.

And I say, once again, good luck.

XP required to get from Paragon 1 to 719 = ~1.699 trillion

So, however long you’ve played to get to that point, to get to 4K paragon, you’d need to do that another 565 times over. Let me know what day of the season that happens.

That’s some serious a jump to a conclusion.

No, it does not.

I’m currently gearing my second seasonal character. Does that invalidate my completion of your challenge which I did prior of rebirthing the character?

2 Likes

You reached GR 110 solo which equals your previous best solo, so you completed the “challenge”.

Obviously, this doesn’t matter, because I didn’t do it with just a single hero, even though I did do it 100% solo but…

I’m now on Paragon 789 and have done a GR110…
https://imgur.com/a/hLRF08V

That shows that I still have the same number of Bounties done as in previous screenshots to demonstrate that whilst I will do some split Bounties at some point, I haven’t done any yet. It also shows the total time spent on my Crusader (34 hours 33 minutes) and my Barb (12 hours 54 minutes), for a total of 47 hours 27 minutes to reach a GR110, playing 100% solo, albeit not using just a single hero. The Barb had just over 9K main stat, 8 ancients, 5 legendaries, legendary gems at 100, one Caldesann’s Despair (rank 52), the “wrong” amulet, badly affixed BoM, and random weapons (didn’t have a decent pair of BK mighty weapons, or Rogue/Slanderer).

So, yeah, it’s pretty trivial to get to a GR110.

Oh, but according to the “challengemaster”:

So leveling up and playing a second hero has given you a tremendous boost! :wink: