Prometheus Season 22 Solo Challenge

I got started a day late, maybe, but I have made my first post regarding my Season 22 open Solo Only Challenge.

The goals of the challenge for the duration of Season 22 are as such:

1. Only one hero is allowed. No help is permitted through the activities of other heroes, for example as materials or items farming.
  2. Absolutely no group play is allowed. The whole point is to start and finish the season 100% solo, without any of the benefits afforded by group play.
  3. Equal or exceed your non-seasonal Greater Rift best. My current GR best is 110.
  4. This is not a race. The challenge is to see how far you can go solo for the duration of the season, so therefore does not end until the season ends.

I shall be posting regular screenshots and other details updates to a shared GoogleDrive folder, which also allows for comments to be added:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dCv8Bmzt3_OvlFO2I6Zoil-txD1ZfMxJ?usp=sharing

For those who are curious, this is the build I intend to use:
ITEMS

• Shoulders - Mantle of Channeling
  • Head - Typhon’s Frons
  • Hands - Typhon’s Claws
  • Torso - Typhon’s Thorax
  • Wrists - Ranslors Folly
  • Belt - Hergbrash’s Binding
  • Legs - Typhon’s Abdomen
  • Feet - Typhon’s Tarsus
  • Weapon - Serpents Sparker
  • Off Hand - Etched Sigil
  • Neck - The Traveller’s Pledge + [Bane of the Trapped] / [Boon of the Hoarder]
  • Finger - The Compass Rose + [Taeguk]
  • Finger - Unity + [Enforcer]

KANAI’S CUBE

• Deathwish
  • The Magistrate
  • Ring of Royal Grandeur
  • Tasker and Theo

PASSIVES

• Galvanizing Ward
  • Unwavering Will
  • Power Hungry
  • Audacity

SKILLS

• M1 : Electrocute [Lightning Blast]
  • M2 : Arcane Torrent [Flame Ward]
  • B1 : Hydra [Lightning Hydra]
  • B2 : Slow Time [Time Warp]
  • B3 : Storm Armor [Reactive Armor]
  • B4 : Magic Weapon [Force Weapon]

Note that I say this is the build I intend to use. That may change, depending on how the game progresses.

3 Likes

Season 22 allows the use of a 4th Cube slot, thereby introducing the possibility of extra damage multipliers that aren’t possible non-seasonal, and the shadow clones, which are easily capable of killing GR guardians at GR110+ so this isn’t really a like-for-like comparison. All the same, good luck.

By the way, let’s go ahead and make that Google Docs a clickable link…

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dCv8Bmzt3_OvlFO2I6Zoil-txD1ZfMxJ?usp=sharing

2 Likes

I’ve just finished Chapter IV, and have acquired the full Typhon’s Veil set.

As anyone will know, one of the requirement to complete Chapter IV is to kill Belial on Torment difficulty IV or higher. So I went in to kill Belial, and in a beautiful display of the unpredictable random nature of Diablo III, he drops me an Ancient Typhon’s Thorax, and The Magistrate! (See Screenshot011.jpg & Screenshot012.jpg in my GoogleDrive)

All that was left for me to do was to finish the remaining 4 bounties of Act 2 so that I could get that one last jewel-crafting recipe (I already had 4 of the required 5) I needed to complete the chapter.

Gotta love this game! :grin:

You can buy the hellfire ring recipe from Squirt the peddler in town Act 2 -To get the 5th tome of Jewel crafting

I had some free time on my hands these 2 days. I am already 700+ paragon and did the whole journey but i didn’t make just one hero… I main necro and my alt is a crusader. I had to think a bit cause i was divided between, crus, monk and wizard as a second but crus won. Basically the journey requires you to do 3 conquests and one of them is to finish a GR55 with 6 different sets, so you need 2 classes at least. It’s either that or do the whole campain in less than 1 hour so that’s out of the question for me. Not only that, but i kinda wanted to actually play 2 classes. In my case those 6 sets were Inarius, Masquerade, Rathma, Tragouls, Roland (surprisingly strong), Aegis. Alternatively you might want to master 8 dungeons and it still requires you to play 2 classes at least, but i 've already done them all in the past so there was no incentive for me.

The other two conquests for me were the one where you level 3 different gems up to 70 or something like that and the other one where you have to kill all bosses except Vidian in less than 20 minutes. This one might sound hard in theory, but it was a walk in the park with a bone spear necro (1. steaurt’s greaves + blood rush, 2. lost time + cold skills, 3. passive fuel by death + devour aura). I did it first try and i can imagine it can also be just as easily done with a new steed charge crusader or a strafing demon hunter. Also, Inarius was what i used to do the set dungeon quest. Braindead easy.

And yeah i did all those tricks with gem of ease and lvl 70 weapon with no requirements when i leveled my second character. Now that the pets and cosmetics are out of the way, i 'll just focus on Bone Spear Necro and Bombarment Crusader. Although crusader might take some time to gear cause i need bounties for crimson set and thorns secondary roll almost everywhere, so it’s a bit harder to gear.

So far, this season is my favourite. Both the 4th cube slot and the clones are awesome. I didn’t do any ptr testing on purpose, to avoid spoiling myself and i am surprised of how fun this is, although i 've noticed some inconsistencies with the crusader clones, they tend to disappear or never appear in the first place, on more than one occasions. I am at a point where i farm GR95 with my necro in 3 minutes and i think i can push up to GR115-120 right now with my paragon and gear, maybe even higher with a better weapon and off-hand.

That’s great and all, except at the time I didn’t want to spend the money on something I wouldn’t use. :laughing:

So I opted instead to runs bounties to find that one last recipe I needed to complete Chapter IV.

There’s a Season Journey task that requires the crafting of a Hellfire Amulet.

Not in Season 22. I just checked. None of the objectives from Chapter 1 all the way through Guardian require the crafting of a Hellfire Amulet.

You may want to check your sources.

Meanwhile…

This journey task has been in every season for years at this point.

1 Like

Ok, I see it now. My apologies. :blush:

It’s been a busy day, and I’ve been interrupted a lot.

Anyway, I’ve upload some new screenshots of my solo progress. I’m at Greater Rift 50 with Paragon 259. Mostly now just hunting for Deathwish and Serpent’s Sparker…

I too have a lot of screenshots. Solo gameplay so far (yes, even Bounties). I’m working on Destroyer, paragon 597, highest GR is a GR82 (but I’ve been running lots of GR70s for XP / gem upgrades rather than pushing), legendary gems are late 30s. Still missing some pieces of gear for the build.

My first GR100 clear this season:
https://i.imgur.com/xuC6wlY.jpg
I’ve then squeezed 2 min off that time.

I got 2 more useless primals too in short duration, Hellrack and Fire Walkers. I’m on fire!

I’m in with “Lucy”. All solo. Started yesterday, Sunday, to get the challenge cache before it expired. A bit tedious doing all the bounties on one of the lowest difficulties but once you get the first two gift bags it’s easier to get the last and with the full set and some supporting items T13 farming is doable.

GR105 reached so matched the last season best:
https://i.imgur.com/sNFfuTZ.jpg
Had absolutely hideous rift RNG, scarce pylons and thus very little help from shadow clones. At this point I had to switch Trapped to Stricken.

My non-season best is only 5 levels away.

Hero name : Blue
Challenge Rift cache used : No
Not making use of Follower.
Level Method : Adventure mode Full Clear of Bounty maps / Rifts close to maximum level
Greater rift : Tier 90 10:52.266

“Only one hero is allowed.”

Do this in HC

I’m currently on Paragon 519 myself at Greater Rift 82. Only two Legendary Gems equipped, both Level 50. No Augmented items.

I pretty much have my build locked down tight. All I need to do now is locate Ancient versions of those items.

P.S. I’ve re-organized my shared GoogleDrive folder to better shows the days in which I took the relevant screenshots.

I just ran an 85 in 3:03. Not because I’m good at playing it’s just the GoD build that’s so strong. Haven’t gotten any usable Focus and restraints that are an important part of the build.
The GR 70 primal was an LoN ring with purely defensive stats…
(Oh! Post count 666 :love_you_gesture:t2:)

I’m still 100% solo in the season so far…

I’ve been concentrating on the Season Journey, so haven’t been pushing GRs yet. I’ve completed Conqueror and have two tasks outstanding in Guardian which is extracting 40 powers into the Cube (I think I have about 30) and a third Conquest. Currently I’ve done 5/6 of the solo GR55s with different sets equipped, which is about where a 2nd hero would come into play, thereby failing your challenge conditions of purely doing things on a single hero. Maybe I’ll push some GRs before doing that then.

Here she is… TwentyTwo …paragon 667, six legendary pieces, seven ancient (one level 52 caldesann’s despair), still don’t have a Flavor of Time amulet, or the “right” bracers that make blinded / stunned mobs take more damage from my main damaging ability, and I’m pretty much completely out of gold due to empowering GRs whilst levelling up my legendary gems to 70.

I just checked my screenshots folder. The first one at hero creation was Screenshot2855, the one where I got Conqueror done was Screenshot3031, which means that’s 176 screenshots so far. I’m not even sure if imgur will let me upload that many images into a gallery at once or not. Let’s see…

https://imgur.com/a/jY3wC6D

[ EDIT ]

Finished off the extract 40 powers into the Cube task…

https://imgur.com/a/4X0oTHt

So, to be absolutely clear, up to this point I have played the entire season so far with a single seasonal hero. Levelled 1-70 solo. Season Journey (except for the 3rd Conquest, not yet done) solo. Bounties solo. Nephalem Rifts solo. Greater Rifts solo.

Do you consider the 200+ screenshots documenting this as sufficient proof so far?

There, GR110 done:
https://i.imgur.com/XBXieWg.jpg
100% solo play, matched my highest NS clear.
https://i.imgur.com/WuZjcJ4.jpg
Don’t know if I bother playing the journey further than Destroyer. The conquests are a bit annoying this season for solo players and the cosmetic rewards are a bit meh.

1 Like