PTR 2.7.6 preview

Just published in the us forum.

1 Like

I saw it it looks interesting and i’m looking forward to it :smiley:
after that d4 s1 complete fail d3 season will make me happy till blizzard will fix something

1 Like

I’m happy about these patch notes!

As a main Cruz, I get a buff on a pushing build* and another buff on a farming build, so how couldn’t I be? (* Blessed Shield is not that bad at farming either.)

The buff on Vigilante Belt means that we can’t use CC3 anymore, though… I hope that we’ll remain perma-AC, in case this buffed version of the build can be used to do some pushing… (I’m excited to try it anyway as I wasn’t playing the Cruz in the season there was auto-FotH.)

Now, there is all the unknowns:

• Is SSF mode going to be avaiable in NS? When reading the notes, it seems so (they mention it before the presentation of S29), but on the screenshot, SSF is… only available for season! So Idk… If it’s available in NS, then I’ll probably finally use this second account I bought to play HC… (which I never did ^^)
  • Is the ceiling on parangon points going to be effective in NS too? It comes after the presentation of S29. And this quote: “With the change this Season, we wanted to shift that power from Main Stat grinding to gameplay knowledge and gear hunting” leads me to think that it’s not gonna be effective in NS. But again, I’m not sure… I don’t see them taking away the result of tons of hours of gaming, though.
  • What’s going to happen to our parangon points after we have exceeded the parangon cap at 800 in season? On the screenshot, “Han” is p 850. Probably the parangon points will still be earned and will carry over to NS at the end of the season, so they are not lost.
  • What are these “rich rewards” that we’ll get in the Visions of Enmity? They mention “useful gear.” It better be good as the length of the season we’ll probably depend on this, as the parangon points are caped at 800…
  • And, finally, will “the Altar of Rites from S28” be nerfed or not, once it returns “permanently beginning in Season 30”? (Adam Fletcher confirmed the Altar will be available in season and in NS: https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1690056989525921793)

All these uncertainties makes me wonder if they keep being unclear on purpose to feed the hype. I must confess that it kind of works on me :sweat_smile:

Anyway, so far I like these patch notes, for what I’ve mentionned and for all the other smaller things that I haven’t. So thank you, devs! :+1:

(As a side note, I read on the US forum that the starter sets will be IK, Light (:smiling_face_with_tear:), Natalya, Uliana, Trag’Oul, Arachyr and Vyr, if the rotation is kept.)

1 Like

I’m not too keen on testing PTR myself. But I will follow it on the forums and on youtube.

Paragon ceiling is only for season. Many of your other questions remain to be seen. The devs have often nerfed or changed things during and after PTR. No one and nothing is safe! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should make different paragon brackets and different leaderboards for them. If people want to grind higher paragon so it would be possible and have more gameplay in the season then the 800 paragon points.

The way I hear it the new SSF mode WILL remain a feature going forward but the 800paragon limit will only apply to that. I think this will be a good feature for solo players as it gives us a league of our own. It should be noted that the 800 paragon limit was stated as being the “starting point” so I think they expect that will rise depending on how the PTR goes. Personally I expect they will likely double that by the time the season goes live. Rhyker expects it will likely go up to around 2000 but I think that will be too much for an SSF mode.
I was also wondering about the paragon points after the 800 when I seen his level being 850. I suspect you are correct that they will still collect and transfer to non season mains.

As for the Altar, there was a reddit post saying the Alter will indeed be changed and that is why it is only coming back in season 30 and not simply staying in place. I assume they have to fiddle with it to make sure it does not lead to overpowered builds when the seasons start to repeat. I mean can you imagine having the full Altar on top of Ancestrals? That would be beyond busted.

The 800 limit only applies to SOlo Self Found mode characters. You can still make a regular character and go as high as you want.

Have to farm Giberring gemstone all over again. Chitera die!

I guess there are multiple reasons behind the paragon cap. And there are lots of unanswered questions. As always we’ll have to see how things go during, and after, the PTR… and how the final patch notes will be.

Not for this new season you dont, The Altar will not return until season 30. Unless of course you WANT to torture yourself, in which case have at it bro.

Please do not cap the Paragon points. Unlimited Paragon farming is the main feature kept me playing D3 for years and years. Even when the game becomes atrociously boring gaining a level or two in paragon makes it feeling like a bit of progress with every GR run.

1 Like