Rainbow Goblins

After about 650 rainbow goblins on 2 different accounts there has still not been a drop of the portrait frame, the rainbow sword or the cosmic wings.
Randomly generated, fine.
But this seems to be way too ridiculous to be true.
At least the cosmics should have dropped by now.
I´m quite fed up with the drop rate for my account…

Whimsyshire
Accessed using Staff of Herding
Rare mob drops the Rainbow Portrait Frame
Horadric Hamburger (dagger) and Spectrum (sword) available

Whimsydale
Accessed using a portal left behind by a Rainbow Goblin
Rare mob drops the Cosmic Wings
Horadric Hamburger (dagger) and Spectrum (sword) available

There’s absolutely no possibility to get the portrait frame from Whimsydale. As for the drop rates, there are people that have done thousands of runs and still not gotten the wings.

took me 14 season to get those wings. just keep running them

Took me 2 months constant gob farming. No idea how may of those I killed. Stopped counting after 2xx.
Mike

Mine wings drop after 1000+ hours of playing :smiley: not like i farming them whole time, but dont want to even know how many rainbow goblins i found after whole time…
After a many year i knew there is change to find it, i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw them on ground. Sad is i dont saw how monster look like because it was in party… :frowning:

There is a community dedicated to rainbow goblin farming, if you really want those wings join it ppl often advertise rainbow goblins there

that is one frikkin huge horse

Way too overrated cosmetic in my oppinion. They look ridiculous on a male character. As for me, i never dedicated many hours for goblin farming. If i happen to find a rainbow goblin sure i will kill it. I finally got the wings a few days ago, we were doing bounties with 3 other people and one of them informed us that he found the portal. I believe i was somewhere between 100-200 rainbow portals before i found them. Amazing luck, i guess. Though, I would certainly be ok with never finding them in my life. The seasonal rewards are more appealing to me.

Slightly off topic but relevant; best place to farm them? Almost done with the season figured I should do this till I’m sick of it

There are plenty of videos showing goblin farming routes…

Oh I have tried all sort of gob farming routes with my mates for months. One of them found it luckily. Hundred of rifts and bounties and very rare to find one Rainbow goblin. When you find one, hoping that you will meet Princess and never met one. I have been playing D3 since it came out. Took a couple of years break and then back due to new set and gears. But still never find one. So yeah. Random my ass.

The very first Whimsydale one of my friends ever found had the rare mob in it and he got the wings. He didn’t tell me and the first I knew about it was when we partied up a couple of days later and his Barb was wearing them. So, yeah, it’s random.

Are there any parties just dedicated to find Rainbow Goblins? I can’t seem to find any in the communities in the game. They all have only 1 member were last on more than 3 days ago. In Americas anyways

US forums has “Look for Group” and “Clans & Communities” cateorgies. Why don’t you try there?

1 Like