Random starting city

When I start the game, the character is in a random city, which is different than when I turned off the game. It would be good for the game to start in the last visited city or in the city of the first act that is probably used most often. Is it possible to set it somehow?

No it’s not possible to change. The rotation made sense when the bounties were supposed to be done in a certain act order to get the bonus chests.

Being able to choose the starting town has been among the most requested QoL improvements for a long time. Sadly it hasn’t been implemented yet.

In the long, long time-ago, Bounties used to have a bonus act. If you completed the five Bounties in that act, you’d get a bounty cache and a bonus cache. Once you completed the Act with the bonus in it, the bonus would move to another Act. Thus, you’d start in the town associated with the Act that had the bonus cache available.

Since then, Bounties have been changed so that the new reward cache is a combination of the original cache and bonus cache. However, the starting town still rotates every hour, as if there were still bonus Bounty Acts.

This is PC only though, apparently. On Consoles, the hero starts in whichever town they were in when they logged out. It’s been requested that on PC we’d like it to function like it does on Console, or allow us to set a starting town.

Devs have never acknowledged this as far as I remember.

It rotates every hour? I had no idea lol. I thought it was completely random and because 2 acts share the same town i thought that’s why i spawned most of the time in Bastion keep.

While I play the vast majority of my games in New Tristram and barely ever in the others I actually like this. Every now and then I decide hey Bastion’s Keep just really sucks but lets stay for a while.