Reworked items / Old items

Hi,

Today, i tried playing WD and noticed that my old barber had still the old affixes before the rework. Meanwhile the ring of emptiness got reworked automatically.

So, is this somehting that applies only to weapons? Old weapons once they get reworked cannot reroll the new stats even if you reforge them in the cube.

Is there a way to bypass this or is this supposed to happen? I don’t want to salvage the item since its primal.

Non-set items that are buffed have to be re-farmed, as the changes are not retroactive to your existing items.

However, if you’ve previously extracted the item’s power into the Cube, the Cube power will be the updated to the new version of the affix. This is what has happened to your non-seasonal Witch Doctor Barcas’s jewellery cube power.

As for the Barber, not only has it gained a different legendary affix, it’s now even a different class of weapon, i.e. in Patch 2.6.8 it was changed into a Ceremonial Knife rather than a dagger. You’ll need to re-farm a new one if you want to equip it and have the new affix.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer.

I notice that the cube slot was automatically updated which is why i equiped a sacred harvester which is the same. I guess i need to farm another barber if i want to equip it. At least, the ring of emptiness was updated automatically and i don’t need to farm that again.

2 Likes

I can confirm: I had an old (Pre-patch) primal Ring of Emptiness and it got the upgraded stats…
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Apsie1944-2958/hero/34301690

Had been discovered in PTR:

If the change is not retroactive, there is an exploit potential:

Yes!! A ring of emptiness that I found 8 months ago and kept it in my stash and said by both locust and haunt now says by either locust swarm or haunt. It got updated automatically. I guess this could be intended ??? Since it’s not a straight up damage multiplier.

why can’t they update all the pre patch items to new affix. Too many items to re-farm and trying to get decent ancient is a nightmare. Been trying to get ancient version on WD set and still 3 pieces missing. I am sick of re-farming and reforging. Never end. Always running out of crafting mat, no matter how many I got. It’s just ridiculous. Not buying the D4.

Don’t you know that set changes are retroactive so they don’t have to be re-farmed? Are you talking about the new WD set?

D4 is years away and will most likely be very different from D3.

1 Like

He is probably talking about the Barber and the Gazing Demise. They got reworked and have new multipliers, so old ones are worthless at this point. At least you can still put the Barber in the cube and equip the Sacred Harvester which always rolls with the same passive. As i said in my original post i was expecting the same deal for the ring of emptiness but in that case it got reworked retroactively.