Search in chest not working (german)

Hello, I’m using diablo 3 german language version, I go to search an item like ‘‘edelstein’’ (gemstone), I type in e (a few items filtered) then d… no items appear. I can clearly see the gemstones in the chest. I type in amulett… same thing, a few items appear after typing ‘‘a’’ but then all the items are not highlighted.

What’s going on?

The search function only works for the name of the item, not the type of item. So, if you searched for “Gem of Ease” (or whatever the German equivalent of that is) it would find it. During the PTR when the search functionality was introduced we also suggested things like being able to search rarity, e.g. “ancient” would find any ancient or primal ancient legendaries. We also suggested being able to search by type, e.g. “dagger” would find any dagger item regardless of which one. Also, specific to gems, if you try and search for a gem by name and it’s socketed inside a ring or amulet, it won’t be found by the search.

ah I get it, the devs were lazy, thanks for letting me know!

“Edelsteine” won’t work… but “Lichtkranz” will…

You need to use the name of the item you are trying to find… not the type of items.

Be careful if you need to type accented letters (such as Mächtigen for example)… Mächtigen will work, but not MÄCHTIGEN. Accented letters are case sensitive.

The same with “Helm der Ödlande”… you need to use a capital Ö… ö will not work.

This was reported in the PTR before the patch but never corrected

Looks like I took too long to compose this message… :smiley:

1 Like

thanks for all the info in the post, I appreciate it

1 Like