Season 26 - The Fall of the Nephalem - Patch 2.7.3 Preview Blog

They must have made a spelling mistake:
It should read: The Fail of the Nephalem.

Hi,

Does anyone know whether the whisper(s) of atonement will transfer to non-season at the end of Season 26; there doesnā€™t seem to be any info on this in the Season blog.

Thx !

1 Like

If we use the Ethereal Weapons and Soul Shards as a basis, Iā€™d expect the Whispers of Atonement to disappear at the end of the season, i.e. the season-only items wonā€™t transfer to non-seasonal.

However, the PTRs for Ethereals and Soul Shards actually had a test of the removals, but the PTR for Whispers did not. Iā€™d think itā€™s because they know for sure after two previous seasons that their removal methodology works.

2 Likes

OK ā€“ youā€™re probably rightā€¦ I might just keep one aroundā€¦ as a test, of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, thatā€™s Guardian completed at Paragon 663, and just over 26.5 hours played.

During that, I got a grand total of 2 petrified screams from around 45 GRs. Thereā€™s not a lot of incentive to keep going seasonal with that drop rate when I could just as easily be playing the same build on a non-seasonal Barb, with an almost entirely primal set of gear, and almost 5K paragon with lots of gems already levelled, ready to be turned into augments.

2 Likes

Iā€™m at 662 and just got three gems to 70, have three conquests down and just need to do the set dungeon and some trivial stuff (like extract 35 more powers in the cube - have more than enough runes). Have gotten three screams and six Ramaladniā€™s (used one). Will use the screams for the required augment for the season journey.

If the drop rate for screams isnā€™t updated there is no reason at all to play more this season for me.

2 Likes

Just finished Guardian at 684 paragon - the last 20 gotten from the echoing nightmare running frantically around and getting overwhelmed at 130 something.
Will take a break and see if there is any reaction from the team about the drop rate of petrified screams.
Thx for the lollipop :+1: Iā€™m sure it has a better taste than the season theme :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Guardian achieved in 13h 50min time, reached 652 paragon. I may have been luckier than average with Petrified Screams, I recieved 2 fairly early which provided me a little shortcut for one conquest. The most tedious part was leveling Boon of the Hoarder for Avarice.

2 Likes

The three I did for Guardian were On a Good Day (3 gems to 65), Divinity (GR75 solo) and Speed Demon (T10 rift in under 2 minutes), but Iā€™ve since gotten Avarice incidentally whilst farming, from a Not The Cow Level.

1 Like

I didnā€™t have a speed build ready for my DH until I had finished leveling the Hoarder. Even with a speed build it still requires some fishing to get a rift with a good density, basically needs to have the cemetery map or something similar from the start. Its very doable though with GoD DH, Iā€™ve done it once in an earlier season.

Anyway, S26 is now pretty much a wrap for me unless Blizzard makes Echoing Nightmares more rewarding and the Scream droprate higher.

2 Likes

Yup. Iā€™d be ok with the low drop rate if the reward was something special. They could have even added some exclusive items. At my paragon right now doing a GR100 will net me 2 paragons and doing an EN around 3-4 and same loot. If I average 1 PS per 20 GRs thatā€™s me getting 45 paragons instead of 40. This had the potential to be the holy grail of farming, and it would be awesome if we could get a primal by the end. Itā€™s also a bit faulty by design by making many builds that rely on crowd control deal significantly less damage (pretty much every necromancer build, frenzy barb, blind crusader to name a few). It will be interesting to see if it stays in the game after the season ends. I donā€™t see it breaking the game with power creep like the ethereals if it stays. Many players like me have most of their non seasonal characters augmented with 120+ gems already so this can help more casual players that donā€™t have the time to farm or clear high grs.

2 Likes

I see rocks, I throw 'emā€¦

3 Likes

Gratz !

1 Like

Posting a pictureā€¦

because I can :slight_smile:

Have a nice day !

3 Likes

Vive la France! :fr:

1 Like

wellā€¦ yesā€¦ I suppose.
And Iā€™m not French.

2 Likes

Pardonnez moi monsieur :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Season 26 the worst since season 12 when I started playing, for me itā€™s over, Iā€™m a solo player, and probably diablo for meā€¦the end! blizzardā€¦I wish you a good future.

Lol, I understand that it is a bit underwhelming compared to the previous 2 seasons or the season with extra cube slots, but how is this worse than season 15 for example with double bounties when we have the same buff currently and also another activity on top of that plus a new barb build? Or some other seasons here and there without any seasonal theme?

1 Like

Seeing as how Blizzard didnā€™t bother to cross-post this to the EU forumsā€¦

3 Likes