Season 28 updates

Everything written in this topic is just how I believe season 28 should be approached and my ideas on how Blizzard could make it the best season ever. Anyone is welcome to add ideas, as well as talk and share their concerns regarding any of the things mentioned here. With that said, let’s begin.

I’m going to be breaking down the ideas one by one, starting with:

1. Cube recipes
  • In my opinion there are really no meaningful cube recipes in the game except for Recipe 1, 3 and 10
  • Recipe 2 is too random, most of the time it doesn’t give you any kind of meaningful result and it’s pretty expensive for what it gives 90% of the time and also given the condition of bounties
  • Recipe 4 is good, but only for the beginning of the season
  • I’m not going to talk about the Material recipes, because they’re really not a factor at all, they are good, they can be useful, but they should be buffed, 100 materials at a time is way too low, they should make it maybe 1000 materials at a time, that would save a lot of time and would be a great QoL update

IDEAS FOR NEW RECIPES:

1. Reforge a normal legendary to an Ancient one
  • To me that would be an AMAZING recipe, it would allow casual players to very quickly power up ( especially if they are playing LoD builds ) , making them capable of competing in leaderboards at the beginning of the season
  • The cost for this recipe shouldn’t be low in any way ( because if you get lucky you can literally roll all of your legendaries into ancients with perfect stats and you’re ready to go for the entire season ). I’d say a solid chunk of mats and even some bounty mats would be a great cost ( for instance - just double or triple the cost of recipe 3 and add 5 of each bounty mat )
  • This way the recipe would give an incentive for players to run Bounties even more now, as well as to farm up a lot of mats early on in the season.
  1. Reforge Ancient item to Primal
  • This one is tricky, but with the right cost and with a proper design of the recipe, it could be very well balanced and it would actually make the game even more fun
  • The cost of this recipe should VERY high, the way I see it is maybe ( 500 DBs, 1000 of each mat, 100 of each bounty mat and maybe 8 of each Uber mat + 1000 bloodshards )
  • I mean, look at the cost, it’s high, it’s very high, but this cost would require for players to run so many bounties, run so many Uber runs, the bloodshards would finally have a much more meaningful use once you’ve finished up your whole normal legendary build, it’s perfect.
    The cost is high, but that’s the price to be paid in order to craft a primal, hell, I even think the cost should be even higher, maybe 2k of each mat and 1000 deaths breath ) , maybe even 200 of each bounty mat, but it’s still going to be worth it if you get that endgame Dawn you’ve been wanting so badly.
  1. Reroll Primal stats
  • This recipe makes a lot of sense, because when you get a primal there is a 90% chance it roll with all the wrong stats, which makes it totally unusable, even if it’s the right item.
  • It would need to be very expensive, of course ( maybe something like the “Reforge an ancient to a Primal ancient “ recipe, but I believe the cost should be even higher for this one, because what makes a primal good is not the red border or the maxed out stats, it’s WHAT the stats are, so if you’re able to completely reroll a Primal’s stats, you would need to pay a very hefty price.

That’s enough about cube recipes, let’s talk about Pylons.

1. Pylons

Pylons in the game have been a very controversial topic and there’s a good reason why:

• Pylons only mean something when you’re pushing a build for leaderboard, they don’t mean anything in any other game mode
  • The only 2 pylons that actually do something are the Conduit and the Power, Shield can be useful VERY occasionally and Speed and Channeling are completely useless
  • When you push you always fish for a Conduit, so basically if you w get a conduit in order to zap all the elites you leave the GR and start over.

I have a great idea in order to change how pylons work:

• We don’t need to nerf the conduit or the power, they are balanced the way they are now, especially the Power, since it’s really useful only on the boss.
  • Shield pylon can be given some sort of reflect damage mechanic, something like Thorns maybe. When you take the Shield pylon, not only are you going to be immune to damage for a minute ( or two with Flavour of Time ), but you will also reflect back damage at the monsters. I believe this would make the Shield Pylon a top tier pylon, since now not only are you going to be able to keep that Squirt’s Necklace up for a minute or two, but also all the Arcane Beams, Thunderstorms, Frozen Pulses, etc. would deal damage back to the elites, which would be like a mini conduit, it would chunk them down progressively, the more damage they try to do to you, the more they kill themselves.
  • Channeling pylon sounds good when you first look at it , reduced cooldowns are good, but usually when you’re pushing, you ALREADY have the needed cooldowns on your character in order to play your build properly, so there goes the purpose of the Channeling Pylon. So how do we make it good, how do we make it useful?
  • I say, in addition to the reduced cooldowns, we give the channeling pylon a very special power. When you take a channeling pylon, not only are you going to get the reduced CDs, but you also get an aura that start building up around you. That aura will build up it’s damage for every second that passes by while you have the Channeling buff active on you, and when the 30 seconds ( or the one minute ) passes by, that aura will explode in a big radius, doing massive area damage to all monsters caught in the explosion, Elites and RGs would need to take reduced damage.
  • Now all of a sudden when you find that channeling, you’re guaranteed to have a MASSIVE blast that clears the entire screen once it ends, which means a burst of progression, it would also mean that you would have to learn how to properly pull monsters and make big packs, so you can kill more monsters with the blast at the end of the channeling pylon.
  • Speed pylon is the hardest to fix, the “ destroy walls from Wallers “ passive is great, but most of the time the Speed pylon actually makes the rift harder for you to push, it CCs the monsters too much, sometimes you even move too fast to execute your rotations properly.
  • I think the destroy walls passive should stay, but instead of the move speed and the knockup on enemies, we can have like a MASSIVE attack speed boost that also grants you the passive of the Wreath of Lighting legendary gem
  • When you take a Speed Pylon, you gain a massive attack speed bonus, maybe double or triple of what the Speed pylon gives you now and you also start shooting lightning bolts everywhere. That would make the Speed Pylon at least playable, because now you actually get a pretty significant damage boost from it, without having to worry about CCing monsters.

Alright, I’ve covered Pylons and Cube recipes, let’s get into Corrupted items.

1. Corrupted Items

Let’s say you’re playing in Sanctuary and once in a while, you find a consumable called Corruption Seed.

You would be able to use that consumable in order to corrupt an item, making it either EXTREMELY powerful or rendering it completely useless.

What I mean by that is:

• Successful chance of corruption should be around 20-30%
  • If the corruption is unsuccessful, the item is completely destroyed
  • If the corruption is successful, the item gains one of the following:
  1. Soul Shard powers - Season 25 introduced us to the Soul Shards, which really had a huge impact on pushing GRs and on overall gameplay

Say if you corrupt an item in your build and the corruption is successful, you gain the stats and the passive if one of the Soul Shards, maybe you get the Ring of Fire passive, maybe you get the Pet passive from the Stain of Sin, that would CHANGE THE GAME, imagine you farm and farm and farm and you finally find that ONE corruption seed that actually succeeds… boom, you’re now playing your wizard with soul shard passives

1. Season 21 buffs

Personally my favourite, imagine how awesome it would be, if the corruption of items would allow you to permanently gain one of the season 21 themes, maybe the meteors, maybe the Snowballs, who knows, you might be like, maybe not so much, but it’s still a tremendous buff.

Also, it’s very important to note that there should be no cap as to how many items can be corrupted on a single build. That’s why the corruption seeds should be EXTREMELY RARE, we’re talking primal rarity.

1. Ethereals

Man, Ethereals were a great addition to the game, it would be fantastic if they return as a possible result on weapons form the corruption seeds. Imagine, you use the seed and BOOM, you get that juicy Ethereal for your DH and your power skyrockets more than anything.

1. GR difficulty

Say we get all those changed I already mentioned, GR 150 would be a joke, if someone manages to get a full corrupted build with primals, he would be able to clear a 150 in probably 2 minutes solo, that’s why we would need to MASSIVELY increase the GR difficulty.

I believe that adding more GR isn’t really gonna do much, but making the current GRs more difficult would mean that even if you have that dream endgame build, you’re still going to have the prove yourself by beating those high tier GRs

Buffed GR monsters should have waaaay more health than the current ones, they should be able to withstand anything that comes their way, even the dream endgame build should pale before them, that’s how the game gets interesting, that’s how it should be.

When you get that rank 1 in the leaderboards, you should feel proud, you look at your character, you see that juicy build, but you also know that you cleared a VERY hard GR tier and that it wasn’t easy, that’s the reward feeling.

1. Paragon

Paragon needs to be readjusted. It gives more toughness than damage, yes, it’s powerful, but it would be way more interesting if it gave as much damage as it does toughness, or maybe even more damage and less toughness.

Perhaps for the heavy grinders we could also add some sort of new paragon tab, that gives some extra useful stats for endgame players.

Overall, paragon needs to be more beginner friendly, I believe that the value of the paragon system needs to be lowered in order for more casual players to be able to compete with the grinding players.

1. More stash space

This is self-explanatory, I don’t even understand why there is a cap for stash space, what’s the issue if having infinite space where you can just keep items for all of your classes, i dont think it changes the game in any way

1 Like

Lots of power creep, lots of contradictory self conflicting ideas, several impossible ideas.

I’m only going to comment on the pylons. For builds that almost entirely depend on the Convention of Elements rotation, for example, the channelling pylon is quite irrelevant. CofE is fixed so the pylon has zero effect on it

Shield pylon had damage reflect . It was removed because of enormous lags.

I’d like to say I have read some great ideas given. **whisper stash space (never happen) **; **reforge ANY item into an Ancient at a reasonable cost and time (never happen) **.

I will try to reforge an item 10 times at best (depending on cost).

Please give us recipes that can be used which don’t cost grinding millions; and not just to give us a recipe to give the game a recipe.

The only contribution I can give is to request Blizzard/ Activision to keep in mind the casual player’s game time and to remember that D3 is a SEASONAL game.

Because this household is a casual player home. We bought D3 since we enjoyed the original and d2, diablo series not because we are tied to our Gaming PC as hardcore players that play 1 toon by 10 people for thousands and thousands of hours.

We DO NOT find it fun when we:

1. Do NOT get anything that we really wanted; because the drop randomness is so convoluted or until the last month/week before next season or not at all.

Personally, if I find the season is too grindy, I just don’t play the season. Then guess what I’m thinking; I’m not having fun with nor playing this game. So, I take that thought to any future games by the same company.

I’d like to address Primal’s, we as a family could give a prat about them. Nothing ever useable drops anyways. Get rid of them!

*CASUAL PLAYER’S COUNT TOO! *
Thank you for listening.