Season 29 starts at different "real" time on each region?

The announcement says:
" Season 29 Visions of Enmity, which goes live on September 15 at 5 p.m. PDT/CET/KST"

But 5pm PST is around 1am CET (the next day). So… does that mean the season starts at different times on different regions/servers? {Yes I know it would be the same time in each zone, but the actual moment in overall “universal time” would be different).

Just to be 100% clear - if it starts on both US and Eur at 5pm in their local time, then someone in the USA could play on the Europe servers about 8 hours earlier than they could play on the US servers.

I can’t find anything on this via searches etc, I’m just trying to find out if it starts here in 3-4 hours… or if it’s really tomorrow. If it’s tomorrow, I may as well have an early night and get up early tomorrow to play.

Yes, there are different start times for PC (consoles start at the same American time).
There is some uncertainty though, as Meteorblade has pointed out, because Europe still has daylight saving time, CEST, and not CET at the moment. Delays are also a possibility.

It’s only if you live in the American region that you will be able to play early tomorrow, though (in the EU region).

1 Like

The announcement in French says « disponible le 15 septembre à 17h00 (heure de Paris) », so obviously CEST.

Most definitely… we’ll find out tomorrow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For PC…

• On the Asia server, the season starts at 17:00 KST tomorrow.
  • On the EU servers, the season starts at 17:00 CEST tomorrow.
  • On the US servers, the season starts at 17:00 PDT tomorrow.

For Console…

• The season starts at 17:00 PDT tomorrow for all console platforms worldwide.
3 Likes

Thanks Meteor, that’s what it seemed to say to me as well, but other games don’t seem to work that way so it seemed worth checking.

BouBou, thanks, good to know what it says in France, that’s the clearest official statement I’ve seen, by giving the start in Paris time.

1 Like