Shades are not following us through stage change!

Hello!
I’d to ask you why does not the SHADES summoned by the shrines are NOT following us if we change stage?
I summoned my shade at the shrine and after that started the boss fight Rakanoth.
I was expected the shade will follow me when i going into the Library.
THIS is just not happened.
Please fix this issue!
Thank you!

The patch notes don’t say anything about that mechanism of the clones but it is not a bug, they are intended to work that way. So if you want to make the best use of clones in greater rifts you got to try and plan ahead and see if you can try avoiding having clones spawn at a bad time or in a bad spot (it won’t always be possible).

We asked why clones didn’t follow the hero through map level changes and into boss event portals during the PTR. No response was given by Blizzard as to whether this was intended, or a bug, but they put it live that way anyway.

Other things they ignored from the PTR about the clones…

1. Some clones have projectile attacks (DH with Impale, Necro with Bone Spear) and these attacks can be reflected by Dune Dervishes, resulting in the clone killing the hero, which is devastating in hardcore.
  2. Other players’ clones can kill your hero due to the above, which means that grouping up with a DH or Necro in hardcore can lead to your hero dying
  3. Whilst playing a non-DH hero, sometimes a DH clone will be generated. This means even if you’re playing a hero class whose own clone types don’t have projectiles, if you get a DH clone, and it’s the one with Impale (a 1 in 3 chance) they can kill you. Again, potentially devastating in hardcore.
  4. If you’re playing a Crusader hero, two of the three clone variants have the Falling Sword ability. When the clone leaps into the sky, to come back down with the Falling Sword attack, instead they just leap into the sky and despawn. This means two out of every three Crusader clones are useless, only the Blessed Shield clone actually gets into combat.
1 Like