So every new season no new pets,portaits or wings?

So every new season no new pets,portaits or wings?

Correct.

From now on, each new season’s cosmetic rewards will match those from 12 prior to it, i.e. Season 30 has the cosmetics from Season 18, Season 31 will have the cosmetics from Season 19, and so on, as Blizzard are no longer producing new ones. They’re also not going to be producing new themes, they’ll just re-utilise those they’ve done before (possibly combining them, as they did this season).

4 Likes

This is sad that they dont do at least the lowest effort :frowning:
Thanks for your answer

Well, the game was buy-to-play in 2012, with the expansion also being buy-to-play in 2014. They’ve been providing updates, balance changes, additions and 30 seasons of themes and cosmetics all completely free for over a decade, and are continuing to provide servers for us to keep playing on. I’d say for a one-off purchase price, having had thousands of hours of fun with it, even if they turned the servers off at the end of the season, I’ve absolutely had my money’s worth and then some.

3 Likes

But they are. And even more. Apart from a lot of new content over the latest years they continue keeping the servers and the game running.

Is it a common thing for a video game publisher to turn the servers off once that one of their online games is not developped anymore? (I do not play any other game but D3, so I really have no clue about that…)

1 Like

Hi,

The servers for D2 Classic (the old Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction) which came out in 2000 / 2001 are still up… we even get new “seasons” (called ladder) every 6 months (June and December).

Blizzard is getting sloppy with its announcement however… the last one, we only got a few days notice.

Cheers !

4 Likes

It’s not common for a developer to keep servers up for over a decade for games that aren’t subscription / battle pass funded, i.e. it’s really unusual for a Buy-To-Play game to still be available 12+ years after buying it.

2 Likes