Speed diffrences

I think the speed on DH and Monk is WAY to high in comparison to Barbarians, i don’t know about the other classes but i’m positive everyone would’ve wanned a “hold 1 button and fly at the speed of light” in their kits like DH’s and Monks do.

By the time i get momentum and use my buffs these 2 classes have already cleared half the map. By the time you get to half the map they’ve already cleared half the next level. No amount of speed build i squeeze into the Barbarian will be able to keep up with that. If i do squeeze in speed i’ll do so little dmg they’ll still blast away.

A hippopotamus runs slower than a hare.
-They use cutlery and sticks you wield vehicle sized weapons…

I can do that too.
A swing of a vehicle sized Sword demolishes a body over an arrow that gently punctures it.
By that logic Barbs should do 10x more dmg than any other class. Why not right? We’re slow after all.

It’s a game…

1 Like

Vehicles are not what they used to be :wink:

1 Like

Barbarians can run just as fast but you will have to sacrifice dps. might even be faster to be honest

Already adressed that:

If the other players in your party can clear the maps then you don’t need to do damage yourself you can focus on speed to keep up with them. Then you can have another amory set that focuses more on damage.

Once you get the Bul-Kathos weapon set you’ll have more speed.

Are you calling me a sugar cookie getter? I don’t wanna play to be a shadow, i wanna grab one DH on my right shoulder and a Monk on my other shoulder and just Barbarically sprint around while literally running over demons.

1 Like

"You can’t have the cookie and eat it too.

What, like DH’s and Monks do?
I’m just getting a vision in my mind of a Frenzy Barbarian rappidly closing the distance to a Bowazon in D2 with murderous intent.
Then i think about D3 where Barbarians is like “What? A Demon Hunter?! WHERE IS SHE?!”

Barbs can be fast too especially the WW rend. There are several combination you can try like with echoing fury

I 've been running an incredibly fast necro the past few seasons. Lost time phylactery, cold skills everywhere, steuart’s greaves with blood rush… It was fast as hell. I could even squeeze more speed with fueled by death but it was an overkill, at least for me.

Wizards can also perma teleport around.

WD have chicken which is great for bounties for example…

And so on

Can’t tell you which one is the fastest (probably Dh or monk right now) but there are fast options for every class and you can do some experimentation with some different gems for example. Anywhere you can squeeze Echoing fury or Ingeom for no cooldowns on mobility skills, then you are going to get a lot of speed in turn. These 2 weapons are the 2 pillars of speed builds and can fit into pretty much every class.

You can, but you can’t. They’re just too fast. And with the Ethereal that forces you to play Wind Shear on WW. They kill so fast and move so fast so you can’t use WW to generate Fury let alone ‘catch up’.
It all leads to you picking up bread crumbs in T16. You hit hard tho. It’s just not enjoyable to do Key farming in grps cuz you’re always gonna be forced to run normally cuz u wont have fury.

Not that much of a big deal really, i just think “oh well it’s their season”
Just wish it was equal. Barbs are snails this season.

It’s true that some builds are crazy fast. These days I play solo, apart from split bounties. That way I have time to pick up stuff in ordinary rifts. Thanks to the emanate system you can have the benefit of extra gems, death breaths and/or keys.

Yup gears of dreadland, for example, is famous for being insanely fast. I am curently able to keep up as Inna monk if I spam dashing strike with ingeom. For torment 16 I am very close to them. I suspect If I was a witch doctor I would probably use chicken and just pick up the death breaths and loot and not bother about killing anything. It can be both good and bad. Bad cause it feels more passive if you just run around picking stuff and good cause you can jump into a public game and there will likely be a dh or monk that will make the rift twice as as fast and hence key farming is faster.

If you’re using anything other than the Bul-Kathos weaponry for farming T16 / Bounties, you’re doing it wrong. You don’t need the extra damage an ethereal provides, and the BKs provide pretty much infinite fury and a huge amount of movespeed. Add in a Boon of the Hoarder (the rank 25 power gives you movespeed for picking up gold) and replace one of your shouts with Sprint / Marathon and you’ll keep up just fine.

Aight, haven’t tried with the Boon and BK set. I’ll put that speed to the test against infinite teleport and DH’s spin speed.

1 Like

Hope that it’ll improve your gaming experience.

Found a more entertaining solution,

1. I went with BK weapons + Every speed boosting ability + rune and every speed boosting passive. Sprint + Forced March rune that boosts allied movespeed

2. Every speed boosting Legendary Gem ( Wreath of Lightning, Gogok + Boon)

3. 2 Piece Sage set, 2 piece Cain set, 3 piece WW set for dmg reduction + Ring of Grand in cube.

4. Nemesis equipped.

5. Chilanik’s belt in cube to boost mine and allies movespeed.

This made me have infinite Fury, immortal and i was speed boosting the entire team with 100% uptime on Shouts and sprint.
Ontop of that double Death’s breath drops and chance for extra keys.

I didn’t polish the above, just quickly threw them on. I bet if i’d polished every piece it’d be even faster.
Was fun to play even tho i did literally 0 dmg.

1 Like