Staff of Herding disappeared

Hi there. After long pause from game I can’t find my staff for rainbow level. I restored one character, and it ain’t there too. Can I get some information about where it has gone?

It’s impossible to say, and Blizzard will not investigate your request. It is up to the player to ensure that they carefully maintain their player account.

I’m guessing you either mass salvaged it by mistake, or had it on a character and deleted that character (and thus, the staff).

I have a question about staff of herding. We are crafting this staff using unique items so if i craft and use the staff for whimshire should i have to craft again? Is it single use item?

Hello CrazyMage,

No, the staff is not a single use item… it can be reused over and over again. In fact, unless you are extraordinarily super dooper lucky, you will need to use it more than once if you are trying to get the cloud portrait.

If you are playing HC, teleport in town and put the staff in your stash once you have talked with the cow and the way to pony land is opened… if you die, you won’t have to re-craft it again.

2 Likes