Stash slots and space

I have read that Stash slots are precious because of … database issues. I am not sure if Blizzard’s computers are running on charcoal but in 2019 it beggars belief that they can even mention these excuses. This game is built upon item management and collection and like in D2 we used to have mules, drop things on the floor, log out and in and hope the items are still there…

I think each account should have at least one of each class Heroes, and for each they should be allowed to have and to keep all the class sets and other legendary gear.

I believe each character would require 3 stash tabs to their own and maybe another 5 shared per account.

1 Like

You’re literally months too late. There was a massive 500+ post thread all about this on the old forums when they originally offered an extra 5 stash tabs and then changed their mind.

1 Like

if i knew anything about programming i would comment (so i will anyway) but yeah it seems weird they have such problems with stash space, i mean when this game went live surely much more space was needed since playing figures were so high back then

more space was given over time too i guess

1 Like

Can you imagine your mobile phone book, “sorry you got too many contacts in your list, you need to prioritise and delete a few” …

And I have seasonal and non-seasonal characters with all stash tabs filled to the brim. How am I going to merge them I am not sure.

If it was a mobile phone from 2012, yes. For example, an Apple iPhone 5 would save contacts to the SIM card and be limited to a couple of hundred contacts.

Now, wait… Storing anything on the SIM card is completely optional. I think even back in 2000 you’d have the option to store things on your phone’s memory, and every phone came with its own memory capabilities and SD cards. Nowadays however, in 2019, it is unthinkable and also we cannot really start comparing a SIM to Gdrive/iCloud or to Blizzard’s back end servers. Although I am sure the trolls will just say that now :slight_smile:

The reason I mentioned a phone from 2012 is because that’s the year Diablo III was released, and that’s when they hard-coded some of the limitations into the stash system, due to the fact it had to interact with the auction houses. It’s easy to look back 7.5 years and say they should have done something different, because hindsight is always 20:20.

1 Like

OK, that was 2012, you agree that AH and other considerations can now (2019) be overcome? Unless the D3 design and development team has been reduced to just the one person, as it was for D2 ? Well, maybe they have the “proper” Diablo team working on D4…

Debating the subject isn’t going to change anything. We can have up to 13 stash tabs and 15 heroes (if I remember correctly and if you get the deluxe edition). So we have to keep things organized and let go of items that aren’t useful and use hero inventories as temporary stash space.

If you have D3 + RoS Digital Deluxe + Necro, the max number of hero slots is 17.

Wow, I have 8 tabs, with Necro. What am I missing? Or maybe you mean 8 Seasonal + 8 Normal = 16 in total ?

5 season journeys completed up to the next highest chapter will grant you the remaining tabs.
There’s an overview here: https://d3resource.com/journey/

6 tabs - D3+ROS (obtained with in-game gold)
2 tabs - Necro DLC (obtained at purchase)
5 tabs - Seasons. One tab granted at Conqueror. Requires 5 seasons.

13 tabs - Total available