Strong suggestion for improving long term play with these new rifts. We need more souls!

Hi,

I’d like to make a suggestion on these new rifts. Overall they are a great theme to S29, spawn often enough, random enough inside them, plenty of loot & mats once you get deeper. Really good fun and great gameplay addition. But as I am discovering, they could be way better especially long term.

The main reason for having to farm these new rifts long term (once you have most of your gear) is for the final chest which drops both a few rifts keys and bounty mats which, in large quantities (and after a few dozen runs in these rifts you’ll have a fair amount), is only really useful for recipe 2, reforge a legendary item. The main trouble with is down to the recipe cost, it take only 5 of each bounty mat (normally only to be gotten by doing many boring bounty runs over and over again) but this recipe also uses up 50 souls! And there lies the problem. After having played for a while I am now stuck with well over 3000+ bounty mats on my character but souls are way harder to come by and the recipe uses them up at 10 times the rate of bounty mats, even if you pick up every legendary and salvage it, you will end up with way more bounty mats then is practical. Now that seems like kind of a wasted opportunity, because without enough souls, what is the point of farming these new rifts after a while? (yes they drop keys but soon you have more then enough and yes they drop legends but only if they are deep enough and even then, picking up 50 legendary items (which btw does become a bit of a chore after a while cause you’ll only pick them up to salvage 1 soul from them) will only be enough for 1 reroll! which really does not seem worth the effort!

Now I’d like to suggest to the dev team that perhaps they make an update the loot table for the final chest and also make it drop a large bunch of souls, atm the cost of the recipe is 10x more souls vs bounty mats, so perhaps a drop rate of 4 or 5x the amount of souls compared to its equivalent bounty mats. ie 20 bounty mats and 100 souls. this will allow for at least 2 rerolls in the cube which I think is more then reasonable. As it stand (and again, even if you pick and salvage up the lots of legends that could drop in deep rifts, it is still nowhere near enough to be viable) without getting a way to get more souls, I really feel that it becomes a wasted potential IMO.

Please add a way for more soul to drops for S29. It simply would make it way more fun long term and a reason to hunt for these rifts.

EDIT: I may have a really good solution for this, should the devs decide to change/amend this. Considering how the new rifts are also dropping GR keys, I bet hardly anyone bothers with normal rifts anymore, as there is no real reason to run them this season. So how about the devs add an extra drop on the Rift Guardian in normal rifts, that being say X amount of souls. ie T16 RG drops an extra 100 souls! Thus not only solving the problem of a lack of souls for using recipe 2 but also make it attractive to everyone for running normal rifts again this season. So more gameplay and more long term playability on all that D3 endgame has to offer (esp now that we have a cap on paragon, chasing better gear is all that is left, so recipe 2 needs to be viable to use this season).

2 Likes

agree with you, the season is cool but there needs to be some balancing, we’re early in the season and already drowning in bounty mats, also we need a quick way to scrap legendaries bc at the moment it’s a pain to go back and forth, 1 portal means at least 5+ trip to town

1 Like

We clearly need a balancing around the 50 souls in some way or another.

I don’t think the drop rate of legendary items should be lowered. It’s a hassle to tp back and forth so often but we also want to find primal items.

1 Like

I think the best solution is to just add 50 souls to the drop of the end chest in visions. Any other solution would probably require a big change to existing gameplay and as we all know starting from season 30 they are leaving diablo 3 on life support.

I would really like a salvage all legendary button though, we really need that.

Actually an even easier solution would be to drop the souls cost in the cube so we need less. In saying that, getting souls is actually quite easy, just upgrade a bunch of yellow items and you will have more than enough. Use the hundreds and hundreds of gems your likely gathering to make rings and then just upgrade them. Its really not that hard, certainly not worth complaining about.

If you want to augment your gear with main stat you need 3 max lvl gems each time, spending all your gems on making rings just to get souls would be a terrible idea.

Lowering the cost of souls on the recipe is also a viable solution to the problem, but it might also make it way too easy to reroll legendaries as well.

A Broken Crown on follower should give plenty of gems from Visions and vault runs.

Yeah the Broken Crown fixes the Gem problem with ease, however you may not have noticed but Gems don’t drop in Visions unless you get a Goblin level and a Gem Goblin.
Seriously, try it and pay attention to your loot, you will notice no Gems.

Seriously, with the high chance of getting a goblin pack it’s a non issue. No need to pay attention to anything.

The goblin packs are not that high a chance and even then, unless your geared for extra gems with the crown, the amount you get is not that high. Also when I said pay attention I was not suggesting everyone should focus like mad on it , maybe keep records and draw up a blasted pie chart. It was simply for anyone interested and hadn’t realised you dont get gems.

That’s exactly the reason why a Broken Crown is a good idea… because, as you write; unless you’re geared for extra gems with the crown the amount you get is not that high.

Maybe I should have said “good” chance (of goblin pack) instead of “high” chance. I have experienced that I can go quite a few Visions without getting any.

1 Like

Btw they are not going to balance anything, game is in “mainteance mode” which means no updates, only seasons will change