Stuck at 121...ww rend ... help please

Hi guys,

I seem to be stuck at GR 121… no matter how many times I try i just hit a wall at 121…could you guys have a look at my toon and possibly advise some gear changes that can help?

Survivability is not an issue, it seems to be DPS is low…on elite packs…takes forever to beat them down…

I just spin and manually cast rend while i am spinning…you seem to be able to spin with right mouse and manually cast rend with left mouse without interruping the ww…not sure if this is the correct way…

I also dont use ancient spear…it is a little tricky and was told its only needed at 130+ ??? Below 130 you can just “spin to win” I was told but I am not seing this hahahaha

Thanks for any input and build / gear critique…

First of all, 121 is very respectable at your paragon level.

I took a look and there’s a handful of things I’d mention…

1. Band of Might. Re-roll the CDR to CHD
  2. Weapons. Your weapons lack AD which means you’re missing out on a potential 48% AD. Rends auto-applied by Ambo’s Pride do not benefit from this, but manually cast ones do. You’d notice a massive difference in clearing trash mobs with the higher AD.
  3. Amulet. Whilst you’ve got a reasonably good Hellfire, current thinking for push is a Squirt’s amulet. Now, I know what your immediate reaction is going to be, that means I’m going to die! Well, no. For every stack of the amulet, your hero does 10% more damage, but also takes 5% more damage the first time they’re hit. This means that at 10 stacks, you’re doing 100% more damage (i.e. double damage) and the first time you’re hit, you take 50% more damage. However, most of the time, you’re being hit in the face constantly, so you never build up stacks. Okay, so why take something that’s seemingly providing no benefit? Well, it’s because of Shield pylons. These make you immune to damage. With a Flavour of Time (emanated from your follower) these last 1 minute. That’s essentially 1 minute of double damage. If you play it right and you can find a Shield and Power pylon, that means quadruple damage for the duration they’re both active. Does this need fishing? Absolutely, but that’s what pushing is about.
  4. Follower. You’ve equipped a Templar, no doubt for the heals. The Enchantress is a better choice for the simple reason that one of her skill levels gives you the choice of either extra elemental damage (more Physical for your Rend/Bloodbath) or 10% CDR (which means you could roll off a CDR affix from a piece of gear, and go AD instead, as an example).

Lots more reading, and lots more helpful Barbs can be found here…

1 Like