Suggestion: 5 second timer when salvaging item in an armory set

Due to the need to salvage so many items per rift in the late game, it’s easy to overlook an item you are salvaging before you inadvertently salvage and lose the item forever.

This feels especially terrible when, without realizing, you leave an item from a set you use in your inventory and accidentally salvage it. There is then no way to recover that item.

I think an elegant solution to save players frustration down the line is to introduce a different warning screen when salvaging an item that is used in any of your armory sets. The “Yes” button to proceed with salvaging would be greyed out while a 5 second timer ticks down. After 5 seconds, the “Yes” button would be clickable again and you can proceed with salvaging.

While yes, you can say “you be careful” or “just look at the item lol”, I think the current quantities of loot needed to salvage, and the often unpredictable nature in how items are swapped when switching armory sets, sets players up for failure in this realm, and accidentally salvaging an item you use, especially one with an augmentation on it, significantly increases the likelihood of a player quitting the season were this to happen to them. I also think this would give players peace of mind that they won’t be able to easily delete an item they spent a long time acquiring.

2 Likes

If I have some useful items in my inventory while running rifts, grifts or whatever, I always “protect” them by putting a “wall” of gems (diamonds, emeralds etc) next to them so that they are in their own space.

But it could be nice with a kind of “lock” feature on items.

1 Like

I’ve literally collected dozens of primals osince they were introduced - I put them in a stash on anther character in the hope they may become useful in a new patch. So far they haven’t.

NOT a BAD idea in fact.

One of my main feature requests right here. Or you know, just any indication that a piece of gear is part of a defined gear set. It sounds like it should be super easy to implement and oh so valuable.

1 Like