Suggestion: Help us encounter Princess Lilian

Apologies if this has been posted somewhere or talked about previously. Here’s my take on this if anyone is interested.

For every 25 Rainbow Goblins killed, add an increased chance to encounter Princess Lilian by 1%. Upon meeting and killing Princess Lilian, have that chance reset for you and anyone that’s present in the party. This way, there’s no abusing the system and all those that have spent HOURS of their lives searching… will be happy.

I’ve been a long time player of D3, played since the beginning. I went through all the iterations, have played every single Season and completed each Seasonal Journey. I understand these Cosmic Wings are supposed to be THE rarest item in the game, but for the majority of us who have not gotten them (and actually want them). It’s so heartbreaking to finally find a Rainbow Goblin only to be let down by a different unique monster (Evil Oliver). Please add some sort of way for us to have a better chance at getting those Cosmic Wings. I’ve joined multiple communities, I’ve shared however many that I can, and I try to keep hope alive by just continuing the hunt. Looking forward to D4 but I really hope I can find these wings as it’s the last cosmetic item that I want.

Additional things that would be helpful:
Menagarist Goblins stop spawning if the player has already collected every available pet.
Gem Hoarders stop spawning if the player has not crafted a gem in 24 hours.
Gilded Barons stop spawning if the player has over 10 billion gold.

This is more of a quality of life change for Rainbow Goblin hunters.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing this for years to no avail and now i see chars with far fewer experience than me proudly sporting their Cosmic wings!

1 Like

It’s just a matter of luck honestly. I found them after around 100 tries and I never really farmed them. It was whenever the goblin appeared during bounties. I ‘ve seen people claiming that, after 500 tries still no luck. There are some clans that you can search in-game that focus on these “hunts”. Maybe you can try your luck there since they are just dedicated to finding the wings and it’s more efficient. Farming with a team is also more optimal. You can get 4 players spread around and they can find the goblin at 1/4 th of the time compared to when you do it solo. Also princess Lilian is guaranteed to drop the wings. You only need to kill her once and the wings drop.

If you block the spawn of other goblins though it’s gonna be a problem. For example if they block the managerist goblin, yes you might have found all the pets so far but someone else in the lobby hasn’t. So I don’t think that’s ever going to work. Same for other goblins. There is no way for the game to distinguish whether you need gold or not or how many gems you are gonna use for augments…

PS. Personally I think they are really overrated. I much prefer some of the wings given as seasonal rewards. On most of my characters they look ridiculous.

Have a good hunting in any case. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been playing the game since it released. I’ve probably killed hundreds of rainbow goblins since they were introduced, and never seen the wings-dropping mob, whereas my son found the mob on his very first trip into Whimsydale. When I grouped up with him the next day, I noticed he had the wings and just shook my head and sighed.

3 Likes

Menagerist goblins… I have the entire range of pets (I know that makes them sound like stuff you buy in the department store) and they still spawn in bounties, except of course they don’t drop new pets when you have them all, so i wish they’d introduce more. I wouldn’t mind being accompanied by a raging bull or a voracious lion, for example) :rofl:

Well, there is a set of double wings that came with some patch or another that frankly look silly and cumbersome.

2 Likes

yeah i usually solo farm and call out to whoever’s in the communities. i usually play solo cause of bad internet connections, my ping is way too high when i’m in groups and it doesn’t help with speed builds. been averaging 4 rbgs a day… so hopefully i’ll get them sooner than later.

doubt blizz people read these much anymore cause the attention is switched over to immortal and d4.

gl to all my fellow hunters out there. maybe you got an invite from me whenever i found one. pay it forward!

1 Like

For me, getting Princess Lilian, was almost at the end of the last season (Nr 22), exactly at 8 of March… But due to this special month (Kanai) and that special day for all women (international women day) (I’m playing with sorceress), I got those wings. It could be just a very miracle coincidence, but likely don’t… As for the Evil Oliver, he has the most highest probability to appear. Sometimes, there are two unique bosses on the same run (mostly one is Oliver, then the other is someone else), BTW, during March I’ve seen a lot of unique bosses which I’ve not seen before…