[SUGGESTION] Legacy of Nightmares Set

Hi Blizzard!

Been a Diablo fan for too long (just as everyone else ^.^)

I have a request and suggestion!
I find most classes are very dependent on there respective sets! This is an awesome mechanic!

However, is it possible to change the Legacy of Nightmares Set for off-builds that are independent of sets and set bonuses! It would seem likely impossible to scale any setless classes in the same manner as the current set bonuses!

I have a theory that if you change the Ancient item Multiplier on the LoN set to 1000% (or 900%) and add a new spec increases damage dealt by 2500% (or 2100%) and reduce damage by 6% for every PRIMAL item. This would help support players of the game who desire to be less dependent on sets only! {or if there is a different desireable beneficial balance of multipliers I would love to see that update}

Thank you for considering my recommendation as well as reading my post!

One love,
Pointless

Following the season where the theme was the free effect of the Legacy of Nightmare rings, in response to players saying how much they’d really enjoyed it, Blizzard introduced the Legacy of Dreams legendary gem. At max rank (99) this gem gives exactly the same bonus as the pair of LoN rings does.

This gives players who do not want to play with standard class armour sets the choice of…

1. LoN rings, and a choice of two legendary gem powers
  2. LoD gem, and a choice of one legendary gem power and two legendary ring powers

There are already a number of extremely powerful LoD builds available which out-perform their classes set options, most notably for the Necromancer. Increasing that bonus would just see them out-perform even further.

As for giving a higher bonus due to primals? No, that’s a bad idea, as it would make them a requirement for leaderboard pushing whereas currently they’re just a nice-to-have.

1 Like

This idiotic suggestion of giving bigger bonus for each primal keeps still popping up periodically. What’s the point? It doesn’t add any diversity, that’s for sure. All it does is make existing builds more powerful and there already are some seriously powerful LoN/LoD builds.

Both LoN and LoD are perfectly fine as they are now.

Thank you so much for your input and suggestions! I agree, no primal bonus. However, it would be sort of cool if LoN and LoD could be used together (maybe with slightly lower modifiers? im open to suggestions) The problem here is I’m not the best at math but the crusaders right now have a 2000% damage skill, with a 20000% addition and if you skill properly you can easily get another 100% damage in there. So I guess I don’t understand why having all classes that have like normal skill damage (400%-1000%) who are using ancients instead of sets there is no way to multiply that damage by 20000% and not really any way to add more on top of that such as the crusader (as one example of build with set). Currently (correct me if i’m wrong) the LoN set bonus if with all ancients would only garnish around 13000% added damage. this does not scale at all late game and is meager to say the least.

I’m just suggesting a problem with the game i personally see, and am accepting all opinions on how to improve the fact that the game is so set dependent. im not talking about playing on normal, im talking about beating gr 120’s

I know the balance will be hard to achieve, and most dont seem to care… there could be improvements to the lack of diversity! I just think that repairing the lack of ancient builds could help! Perhaps I am naive.

Both LoD and LoN give 9750% increased damage when wearing all ancients. That’s more than enough. Keep in mind what has been said, some of the most powerful builds are already based on LoD/LoN.

The thing is that LoD/LoN damage bonus is a global modifier. That means bumping it alone up makes absolutely zero difference in build diversity, it only makes existing builds more powerful equally. If a build A is 50% more powerful than a build B, no matter how much LoD/LoN is buffed, A is still 50% more powerful than B.

What diversity needs is buffing underpowered support legendaries for underused skills and creating new ones if necessary.

I would suggest you look at the in-game leaderboards, and check the 4-man clearances. You’ll find plenty of LoD heroes in GR150 teams.

What game needs is more powerfull legendaries for some classes (barb for example) and nerf to set bonuses. There is no viable LoD build for barbarian. Give us some love please!

Indicating devotion and joy to Blizzard about what you think of their game isn’t going to do anything you hope it would.