Suggestions for Switch version

Here are a few thoughts I have that could improve the Switch/console version a bit.

1. Change the button for accepting invitations to something other than the A-button, preferably to Start or Select. The way it is now you can easily be pulled out of your solo GR into a random team at any moment.

2. Show paragon in Leaderboards like in the PC version, this will give more meaning to the Leaderboards as a reference for players wanting to learn from others.

3. Some form of chat to communicate simple messages like GR, DPS, Support, Rift, Bounty, etc.

I also discovered a bug in Season 16 that hasn’t been fixed: The game will freeze If you close the GR by speaking to Orek then Kadala. This doesn’t happen when closing a Rift in the same way.

I think most switch players want online saves for seasons to deal with the rampant cheating that goes on…it is simply out of control and seasons are a complete joke. I wouldn’t even bother to compete on seasons on the switch (I have no interest in a switch anyways thankfully).

I actually don’t look at the public LB, since it’s totally infested with hackers, but just to see what paragon my friends have is fun to me.

BTW, I tried to see if there was any difference in difficulty between PC and console and I got exactly the same results given similiar paragon and gear. GR 114 with 1000 paragon, DH.

Try to complete a GR without taking NG…see what happens…

GR114n with p1000 is a nice clear, well done.

Hehe, I don’t understand the NG mechanic completely, how much do you gain per globe? I just try to take those that get in my way, maybe I should do it more systematically.

Without NG, you’re doing half dmg (or thereabouts). Picking up a NG globe grants you 20 seconds of “double damage”, i.e. your damage output matches the same character/build on the PC version of the game. The effect is more noticeable on higher GRs and dmg buffs from the 2.6.x patch have made it harder to spot on lower GR/torments. But, it is there.

A NG globe drops after the following kill streaks:

10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 75, 100, 125 (after that amount, I’m not entirely sure). When doing high GR pushes, you have to cut your kill streak, preferably around the 50/75 mark. You waste considerable time hunting down the NG mechanics, which costs you time better spent killing mobs/elites. They typically drop like 100 yards behind your character, which means you’re wasting not only time, but typically resources to dart back and forth to pick them up. If you run out of NG and the RG spawns, good luck, you’re fighting the RG and half dmg, unless it’s a RG that has add-ons (like Saxtris for example).

There’s a reason why PC players just completely ignore the NG globe.

note: you get greater XP bonus boosts for larger kill streaks - for PC players, they can just keep on killin’, for us console players we miss out…

1 Like