Target Outline (Red Glowing Thing)

Hello Blizzard, hello Development Team.
I’ve a brief request from you. I really wish to be able to turn off
target outline (red glowing thing around foes) in Diablo III.
If you make that possible i’ll appreciate it.
Thanks so much.

It’s actually a ‘thing’ in some games. I know you are too dumb to realize that ‘thing’ thing was a joke. But still there are actually games out there which have this option. And i didn’t post this to ask your opinion you ordinary dumb ones. I’m only expecting answers from development team. And i know you are -especially that idiot named Shaolin- too dumb to read the title which says ‘Target Outline’. But still… Dumbs are dumbs.
Best regards.

Isn’t going to happen.

The “red glowing thing” has been a part of the Diablo games since the original way back when in the 90’s, and is used highlight to you the player which enemy you are targeting.

It will not be removed, even as a user option.

Ok, but we could be able to turn off everything on the screen as an option. Even though everything on screen is a part of Diablo franchise.
A simple option to turn off target outline won’t be a much of a problem to implement.

We have no idea how much man-time / money it would cost to implement and for what return on investment? Yours is literally the only request I’ve seen for this in a decade of playing / reading the forums.

1 Like

Hello.

There are certain options you can set for reducing visual detail during play so you could try the following. I just do not know if it will eradicate the “red glowing thing” around foes but you might try them. Even if it doesn’t, it will certainly improve gameplay.

From the settings menu in the full screen gameplay screen (not the app) press the “esc” key. That should take you to game options. Press on “Video” and put setting to the following:

Texture quality - low
Shadow Quality - off
Physics - low
Cluster density - off
Anti-asiasing - none
Low fx - check
SSAO - uncheck

Some of those improve performance and some get rid of unwanted visual details.