The season 21 theme is trash!

The effects hurts my eyes, sometimes it gets waaaay to dark.
The snowball runs off at random places and basically useless in big maps.
The beam is literally an azerite beam from WoW, very original!
The fire is too slow and never goes in the right direction.
The balls from the sky clutters the whole screen with green trash.

Blizzard, this theme is trash, unoriginal, useless and annoying. I cant recall once where the theme helped me in my gameplay. Please give us something else!

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

Some claim that the snowball is very strong for bosses. I don’t know what they 're smoking. I am not gonna play for 3 straight hours so that I can time one snowball right. This theme is the most anti-fun thing I 've ever seen in diablo. They could just give us double bounties and the time it took for them to plan and execute this theme could be invested in the new necro set. And it would be a better season. Amazing balance between the two new sets by the way, one is the best in the game and the other is inarius-tier of garbage. I loved the seasons from 16 to 20 but this time I was disappointed.

Take a look at one of Wudijo’s recent videos. Apparently, in groups it’s possible to build up hundreds of kill stacks in GRs and, as the damage the weather effects do is based on the number of stacks, it’s possible to kill very high level guardians without taking a dedicated RGK.

Yeah but we are talking about top tier players that know the game like the back of their hands. And countless hours of practicing this. I didn’t see the video but I can imagine. And that is if the desired effect appearsamd if the boss stands exactly at one specific place. For example, others, like that lava beam, is just laughable. In the end I am pretty sure that they will come on top and say what a great season this is and whoever thought of this theme will be content with their efforts. As if everyone in the world has the time and willpower to go through all that fanfare to make a random weather effect have impact. If you think I am exaggerating, just take a look at the USA forum, people even talk about how this theme physically hurts them and I am semi on board actually the sound alone is very unpleasant so I muted the game (couldn’t stand it anymore). It ruins the music of d3 which I find a masterpiece.